PDA

View Full Version : Delta carpet bugs?

blind pew
6th Mar 2012, 09:51
Flew back to europe ex JFK last week on a tired Delta 757.
Legs covered in bites - suspect fleas - anyone one else have a similar experience?
Contacted pax complaints - and dealt with KLM who were a complete waste of space.

strake
6th Mar 2012, 12:53
I'm afraid "bed bugs" and fleas are one of the travel industries little secrets.

Manifestations of these nuisances are far from just some isolated instances and apart from fumigating (if that would even work) before each flight, not much to be done about it. It normally takes a major cleaning process to deal with them. It just needs one person to bring them on board and that's it - off they go, happily munching their way through all classes of traveller.

Once you get where you're going and check into that luxury hotel, you'll probably be doing your bit by bringing them in there as well - if you haven't been beaten to it by someone else already :E

edi_local
6th Mar 2012, 13:07
I came back from JNB-CDG last year and the AF hostesses walked along and sprayed the cabin from locker height with some kind of concoction which we were told was to kill any airborne bugs.

Could this not be done on all flights which get a cabin clean in between sectors to try and combat such bugs? If not at head level then perhaps a quick spray of something at feet or seat level by the on board cleaners.

jackieofalltrades
6th Mar 2012, 22:59
Contacted pax complaints - and dealt with KLM who were a complete waste of space.

Not because of bugs, but I've had cause on several occasions to contact Delta and KLM for complaints. Both are expert at passing the buck and not answering.

AlpineSkier
7th Mar 2012, 07:45
Could this not be done on all flights which get a cabin clean in between sectors to try and combat such bugs? If not at head level then perhaps a quick spray of something at feet or seat level by the on board cleaners.
Fleas and bed-bugs are difficult to kill. A cursory spray from an aersol will have no effect.

Mr Mac
7th Mar 2012, 12:42
Oh great, here I am bouncing around the Southern USA in 30 year old DC9 among other planes, along with some of the oldest and grumpiest cabin crew, in early Tornado season. Already had "fun" with homeland security as my passport has stamps in from parts of the world I apparantly should not travel to , and now you tell me about bed bugs on the plane as well !!!. I want to go home (4 days to go):uhoh:.

radeng
7th Mar 2012, 18:16
I was told this week in Amsterdam that KLM is the Dutch for 'we lose your luggage'.

strake
7th Mar 2012, 20:20
Radeng,

I'm going to say "Are you sure?" but only so you can say "Yes" to make your 1000th post :D