PDA

View Full Version : SFI\TRI Core Course

frogone
6th Mar 2012, 08:07
Hello,

I'm looking to do the SFI\TRI core course in the coming months preferably in the UK. Has anyone any recommendations?

I've contacted 3 TRTOs with only 1 reply! :uhoh:

mad_jock
6th Mar 2012, 08:23
Atlantic Training Support is a Type Rating Training Organisation (TRTO) offering a wide range of courses for the aviation Industry. (http://www.atlantictrainingsupport.com/?page=Instructor+Training&type=course#CoreCourse)

What type?

slr737
6th Mar 2012, 08:27
there is no requirement for a type for a core course. And i would also go to Atlantic training support. Kath Burnham is doing the course and she knows her stuff. Did it with her 5 years ago and that was really interesting and well done.

afterwards, they have a few type where they can give the technical part of a TRI rating.

frogone
6th Mar 2012, 09:07
Noted, I'll drop Atlantic a line, I forgot about them.

Yup as stated above the core course isn't type specific, but to answer I'd be then looking to do the TRI part on the 737NG.

ATP_Al
6th Mar 2012, 20:39
Try CTC, I did my core course with them last year and would highly recommend it. They could do the 737 type specific as well.

PPRuNe Towers
6th Mar 2012, 20:49
PM me if you want another contender for a non specific course but using a 737 sim.

No harm in having a choice even if just for timing flexibility.

Rob

michaelknight
9th Apr 2012, 20:59
Has anyone any experience with the Alpha Aviation Group for this course?

MK

backofthedrag
12th Apr 2012, 08:11
I did my core course with Alpha, Fleming Way , Gatwick , a couple of years ago.
They contracted in a couple of instructors for us . I think the course was advertised at £3500 and we got it for £2500 .
The Sim was a 737-800 but used as a generic sim.
No complaints - instructors were very good and experienced . Just two of us on the course . Very thorough.
Course content - teaching aids - chalk and talk - brief a circuit - fly a circuit -critique on student flying - how to deflect questions when you don't know the answer- how to look wise and learned at all times .
I would go for cheapest possible , tick the box, get the certificate and get on with it.

de facto
12th Apr 2012, 09:09
how to deflect questions when you don't know the answer-
How about saying that you dont know or that you are not sure,praise his question and get the answer together or later.
how to look wise and learned at all times .
Seriously? How about learn all the time so you know your sh@@@?rather than look the part...

Coolflying
17th Apr 2012, 21:36
Hi guy's/girls,

Can any one explain the difference between a TRI and the CFI rating, or were can a TRI/SFI course be done in the US or Canada.

Thanks

mad_jock
18th Apr 2012, 02:34
CFI in US terms means you can teach from zero to hero ie the student has zero training and you can teach them up to get a license and class rating in a single engine piston. In UK its termed chief flying instructor which doesn't really have much meaning apart from a job title. FI and FI(R) are used to denote flying instructor and fliying instructor (restricted) we also have CRI which is class rating instructor which allows training of licensed pilots for classes of aircraft such as SEP or MEP.

A TRI converts already licensed and trained pilots onto a particular type of aircraft that requires a type rating.

Coolflying
18th Apr 2012, 14:38
Thanks for the info,

Any idea why you can not to do a TRI course in the US or Canada?, all courses I have found are in the UK or EU, I have searched through the CAA, FAA and ICAO websites, looking for info on the requirements and all I can find really is minimum info, very strange.

Thank you again, regards