PDA

View Full Version : Broome Operators

rocket66
5th Mar 2012, 21:56
Hi Folks,

Im after some info from those that have been there done that. We, (my wife and 8 month old baby boy) are moving to Broome so I can begin my flying career and start climbing the ladder.

I'm after some info on costs of living in these parts, rent as the CP tells me is out of control but is also the cost of living high? And are there any other tips about best places to live etc etc considering I have a family to take care of?

I must say, I'm pretty happy with the company, the chief seems a really good bloke and understands my circumstance. A good friend that referred me to the job has also mentioned its one of the better companies to work for.

Rocket

NNB
6th Mar 2012, 19:39
minimal income from flying living in a remote, resort town?
yes - it is expensive compared to any populated area.

The Green Goblin
6th Mar 2012, 23:26
You'll struggle big time mate.

Put it like this, a company can't get Kingair drivers in Broome and are offering 100k for the job. Apparently it's not enough...

The rent for a modest dwelling will far exceed your income and with your wife probably not working, your option is a tent pretty much.

I'd buy a cheap caravan and tow it up. Or leave the mrs home and fly back for weekends every few months.

Instructing at home will be a real consideration for you or somewhere more wallet friendly.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
7th Mar 2012, 01:55
Hi rocket,

Pls check your PM's.
:ok: