PDA

View Full Version : Flight review after a break from flying

VH-ALX
5th Mar 2012, 09:31
Hi to everyone. Only recently I passed my Aircraft Flight Review after a fairly modest break of 17 years no flying. It is great to have the privilege of being able to fly again. All in all it took just under 10 hours total including the actual flight review itself. The aircraft have changed little in this timeframe but the radio procedures have changed somewhat as have airspace classifications. That ipad would have come in very handy all those years ago .... ::ok:

I would be interested to hear from others their experiences of returning to flying after a lengthy break.

aluminium persuader
5th Mar 2012, 19:41
Welcome back, mate. I'm just back in the air after 5 yrs absent.

Nice, eh?!:ok:

VH-ALX
5th Mar 2012, 20:16
Thanks Aluminium.....typical though, I get my privilege back and the weather decides not to let me fly. When I stopped flying I had an IR but alas now am VFR, so I have to abide by the weather gods! Might look into this private IFR rating.

I am going to Perth for the easter weekend to visit my son who is stationed at Pearce....might look into hiring an aircraft from Jandakot for a couple of jolly's around the area .... rottnest etc. At least the weather over there should be better!