PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Air Force Wings

exMudmover
5th Mar 2012, 09:19
Does anyone out there know how I can get hold of a set of Dutch Air Force Wings? Having done an exchange tour on a RNLAF Squadron many years ago, I've lost my original metal badge.

hugh_briss
5th Mar 2012, 10:05
My Dutch colleague says he can maybe help, just as soon as he's finished having a schmoke and a pancake ;). As you probably know, getting a set is not straightforward. Send me a pm and I'll see what we can do.

B-Chops
5th Mar 2012, 12:15
I may be able to help, let me know if you still require assistance in your quest and I can ask around for you. B-Chops

Rosco22
7th Mar 2012, 13:20
If you do an exchange with a foreign service, are you automatically entitled to their equivalent set of wings? Or does it vary service to service...

Top West 50
7th Mar 2012, 17:59
I have a set, beautifully mounted, together with those from USA, Canada, FRG, Belgium and UK, around the HQAAFCE crest. I'll send you a picture if you like!

I expect the Dutch wings were provided by Lt Col Avert Van Noort - a great character and a wonderful colleague at the time. If anybody reading knows where he is these days I should very much appreciate hearing from you.

saudipc-9
8th Mar 2012, 23:47
No, you wear the wings that you earned.