PDA

View Full Version : FLT LT KIRSTY (Nee STEWART)

foldingwings
4th Mar 2012, 19:45
I know the Mods have now pulled one and closed another of the threads relating to Kirsty and I don't want to open the pot again and would be grateful if the Mods closed this thread as quickly as I have dared to open it but I must just say something about this young officer who I know very well.

Kirsty was head girl at my daughter's boarding school and a finer and better leader of the pupil population of that all girls school would have been hard to find. She was an outstanding, capable and very popular young lady.

She was also a cadet on DIOT when I was running Cadet Wing. There she was a 'high calibre' front-runner who kicked most of her male counterparts into a cocked-hat in OQs, Leadership, Moral Courage, Academics, Physical Courage, Written and Oral Communication and Self-Discipline! In short, she was a star cadet who excelled on the course and showed great potential for the future.

She was creamed off FJ QFI and won awards (I think I'm right in saying but was not present at the time) for her flying ability. She has also flown the GR4 on operations. She is no slouch and would probably beat most men in a one-legged arse kicking contest because of her determination.

I don't know any of the background to why she might have found herself 'outside' of the Reds this year but it won't be for any reason relating to lack of guts! Maybe she and her husband are awaiting a happy but private event (and no, I have no inside information).

Now Mods, close this thread but leave it visible so that those who knocked her should learn more about this woman's character!

Foldie:=

PS. If only I had seen the previous threads before they were closed I could have put some of these bloody misogynists back in their box without having to upset the Mods!

NDW
4th Mar 2012, 19:47
Well said :D

Chris Griffin
4th Mar 2012, 19:52
D i t t o :D

Courtney Mil
4th Mar 2012, 19:53
Hear, hear!!! In the deleted threat my other point was this. I have seen so many people here complain when aircrew didn't say 'stop' when things were not right. Now you behave like angry children when one person, under the pressure of the public gaze (which makes her decision even harder) HAS THE COURAGE TO SAY 'STOP'. Kirsty did not abandon a front line post. Her move took enormous bravery. I wonder if I would have done the same. I stand behind her.

Thank you for this last chance to comment, Foldie.

Again, good luck Foldie and the Reds.

phil9560
4th Mar 2012, 20:01
Its quite apparent she has moral fibre in abundance.Probably more in her little finger than her anonymous detractors.

Premature death of people close to you makes you 'reflective'.Two such events so close together is a terrible sequence of events.

She should be commended.Good luck to her in the future.

Hueymeister
4th Mar 2012, 20:13
Commend or criticise, either way it can't have been an easy decision to have made; whatever her reasons they are hers and hers alone.

She's in a particularly public position, in a Team that is one of the hardest clubs to join. Let's accept that people will be interested to the point of intrusive nosiness. Let it be and it'll fade into the noise of whatever Jordan, Peter André, some football Tonk is doing to his sister-in-law this week!

3engnever
4th Mar 2012, 20:39
I haven't seen any of the previous threads either, but hasn't she just been promoted, hence the posting from the Reds? Just like any other officer would have been in that circumstance.

I don't know Kirsty personally, but I would imagine that she and the rest of the team have been to hell and back over the last couple of years, and that has to take it's toll, even on the very best. I wish her and the rest of the Reds and Blues the very best and hope that their fortune changes in the coming seasons.

3E