PDA

View Full Version : Seen A Dakota Lying Around Anywhere?

Yellow Son
4th Mar 2012, 12:06
A while ago I watched a TV programme aout the WW2 Bomber offensive, during which (the programme, not the offensive!) Euan Macgregor's brother (ex Tornado driver) got some instructing on a Dakota before getting to pole the BBMF Lancaster. I've been trying to trace the Douglas ever since, with no luck so far. I have very few clues:

It wasn't (I'm pretty sure) from BBMF.
The instructor was a woman
I thought they were flying from White Waltham, though apparently not based there.
The question is - anybody know where I can get my hands on a DC3/C47 for a bit of GH? Prepared to travel, but UK preferred!

Daysleeper
4th Mar 2012, 12:24
G-AMRA,

Air Atlantique or Classic Flight or whatever the name is now, someone will come along and correct me...

Kath Burnham.

and not based at W Waltham but it's a lovely WW2 era grass field, convenient for TV types from London and does a decent pint.

Molemot
4th Mar 2012, 15:05
You could try these people....

The DC-3 Network - Website for DC-3 Pilots & Enthusiasts (http://www.thedc-3network.com/)

astir 8
4th Mar 2012, 20:33
There's a Dak lying about in a corner of most third world airports. Don't think any will fly though! :(:(

John Farley
4th Mar 2012, 21:54
Daysleeper's gen is correct.

John Farley
4th Mar 2012, 22:04
Google should never be overlooked.

I searched "where can I rent a DC3" and up came

Contact Silver Ace Aviation

460 Dividend Drive, Hangar D-22
Peachtree City, GA 30269

Peachtree City/Falcon Field (KFFC)

Voice/Fax: 770.486.1893

Cell Phone: 404.372.2771

[email protected]

Plus a lot more of course

chevvron
5th Mar 2012, 22:58
Aces High keep one at Dunsfold; there are in fact two there at the moment but I don't know who owns the second one which is on the north side near the admin offices. The Aces High one is parked near the control tower (and the 747) where Mike Woodley (boss of Aces High) has his office.
John F; I've done some work in that tower recently (just Air Ground radio at the moment but we hope to get ATC licenced again soon) but it isn't the same without Harriers flying around, especially when they're flown by Hawker 97.

John Farley
6th Mar 2012, 19:28
Thank you chevvron.

Good luck with the ATC licence.

J