PDA

View Full Version : Beech 1900C/D rating

siduk
3rd Mar 2012, 09:21
Hi

I am currently flying Beech 1900 C/D on my ICAO ATPL. I also have a JAA ATPL. Whats the requirements for JAA to have Beech on my JAA licence as I have 650 hours on type now.

cheers:ok:

GWidgery
3rd Mar 2012, 23:26
As you've got over 500 hours it's a much more simple process than otherwise, just need a flight test with a JAA examiner on the type. See below an extract from LASORS Section F

F9.1
TRANSFER OF TYPE/CLASS RATINGS FROM A NON-JAA STATE LICENCE

Type Ratings (Aeroplane)

A type rating endorsement on a licence issued by a non-JAA State may be transferred to a UK issued pilot’s licence, subject to:-
i. 500 hours flying experience as pilot on type, operating as P1 or P2 ppropriate to the rating required.

ii. Operational experience as pilot on type within the preceding 5 years.

iii. Pas s a Proficiency Check on type with a JAA Authorised Examiner.*

iv. Have met the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.250 and 1.251 as applicable, including knowledge of aeroplane performance appropriate to that type (please refer to Section F4 - Knowledge of Aeroplane Performance), and the theoretical knowledge requirements of JAR-FCL 1.251 and 1.285 as applicable.

*Should a synthetic training device be used, the device shall be approved by a JAA Member State that has been recommended for mutual recognition.