PDA

View Full Version : YMKT LAME

airman1
3rd Mar 2012, 06:32
Hi All,
Does anyone know a good LAME that operates out of YMKT in Darwin or is willing to travel there?
Many Thanks

magnum pi
3rd Mar 2012, 09:58
Try Bill Markey

[email protected]

Mobile: 0400-782-313

Works about the Darwin area and will come to you in his Retard vehicle.

Magnum

Ixixly
3rd Mar 2012, 11:37
And just for an added bonus he'll usually do a rather impressive semi-aerobatic takeoff on his way out...

airman1
4th Mar 2012, 05:57
Thanks guys I will give him a call

aroa
5th Mar 2012, 10:55
sounds good... no doubt if the good LAME flies in with his tool box, he will have his CPL and AOC with him. Carrying tools of trade=commercial ops
If there is a tarmac turd trawling for reg breaches... remember strict liabilty.!!:(
Its happened in FNQ. Or have those with that mind set in NT been buried in an ant bed already.? :ok:

Lasiorhinus
5th Mar 2012, 11:10
What? I think you're misreading...

CAR 206
(1)
(viii) carriage, for the purposes of trade, of goods being the property of the pilot, the owner or the hirer of the aircraft (not being a carriage of goods in accordance with fixed schedules to and from fixed terminals);

For the purposes of trade means something you are going to sell.
Tools of the trade is very very different.

VH-XXX
5th Mar 2012, 11:27
It can't be much of an aerobatic departure, otherwise his toolbox might fall out the roof of his RV.

aroa
6th Mar 2012, 04:09
Lasiorhinus...what's your take then..on carrying a camera, which is my "tool of trade"
CASA's take is that any sale of the later end product from that camera make it a "comercial" operation. !! requiring an AOC & CPL. FFS.!!
Safety benefit from sale/no sale....NUP.! WTF !

Unlike a skydiving pilot with a load of fare paying jumpers...private ...the PPL carrying a camera and NO bodies and /or farepayers is deemed to be different.
CASA,s primary concern is for the safety of fare paying passengers...Oh yeah !
CASA's bloody take on "for the puposes of trade" includes the tool box... because its for the purposes of trade. ??

I'll check with the Legal eagle and see what the outcome of that CASA "hit" for a LAME toolbox carrier finally was.
TBA

Lasiorhinus
6th Mar 2012, 13:06
Tell me where the phrase "tools of trade" appears in the regs?

If you fly from point A to point B with your camera, and then sell your camera at point B before returning home, then you have flown goods for the purposes of trade.

I suspect you dont often sell your camera. Sure, selling the photos makes the flight commercial also, but for different reasons.

To trade means to exchange goods or services in return for money or other reward.

If your LAME intends to sell his toolbox to someone and flies out to meet the buyer and complete the sale, then he has flown goods for the purposes of trade. If, however, your LAME merely uses his tools and then takes them home with him, then he has not flown goods for the purposes of trade - all he has done is brought his own property along with him on the flight.

Capt Fathom
6th Mar 2012, 20:35
I guess all the Vets that fly themselves to remote areas with their Vet Bag will have to get a CPL and an AOC! If you prescribe to that theory!

aroa
8th Mar 2012, 01:00
I certainly dont subscribe to this crap but CASA does... even tho there is a legal question mark about CASA's right to control "commerce", the leagl validity of the reg in the first place, or your right to do it/commerce, downstream. Its bull**** tru.:mad:
Exactly...WTF business is it of CASA that tools are used, or photographs are sold, AFTER the flight event.
As a "safety' regulator CASA's only interest should be, the flight was by the rules, the pilot duly licenced with medical, and the a/c has an MR.
Anything else??
Your private business should be your private business...but no, ! the fn control freaks want to dick around with that too.
And with the convoluted regs and inconsistent interpretations of... no wonder its a clusterfcuk.
And they subscribe to THAT themselves!!!
This grenade was only chucked into the thread to alert people to the tarmac lurkers...and their "bum" interpretations of "bad law" (SS) reg.

Clearedtoreenter
8th Mar 2012, 19:49
If your LAME intends to sell his toolbox to someone and flies out to meet the buyer and complete the sale, then he has flown goods for the purposes of trade. If, however, your LAME merely uses his tools and then takes them home with him, then he has not flown goods for the purposes of trade - all he has done is brought his own property along with him on the flight.

So what if he brings with him a bit of locking wire or an oil filter that he sells to the customer?

Or does this mean if he comes along, charges only an inflated rate for labour and leaves the parts there for free, he's all fine?

It seems parts he leaves behind attached to your plane are for the purpose of trade.... whether he sells them or not(?)

Engineer_aus
9th Mar 2012, 03:07
Why do you have to get all serious for? I fly with my toolbox all the time to fix aircraft. Get off your high horse is all I have to say.

aroa
9th Mar 2012, 05:25
One day you might have a bun fight or more with a tarmac trawler, and be looking for a horse yourself. You have obviously been fortunate thus far.
Not so for many others,:ok: with FOIs and AWIs and theirinterpretations of the "rules."
Best of luck...!

aroa
9th Mar 2012, 05:29
And the 'thumbs up' fell in the wrong spot !!
On that line is should be :E

Andy_RR
9th Mar 2012, 06:01
Just ask them to identify the owner of the tools in question. (presuming that you haven't got your name written on them...)

If the ownership of even the lockwire is in question, ask them how they intend to prove a breach of the regulations?

Clearedtoreenter
9th Mar 2012, 07:45
Why do you have to get all serious for? I fly with my toolbox all the time to fix aircraft. Get off your high horse is all I have to say.

Yeah, I agree! That's what I will say to them on my next ramp check...:ok::ok:

Hopefully even our esteemed regulator would not be silly enough to chase this one up. Hardly a safety issue! (interesting to know how stoopid some of the regs are though)