PDA

View Full Version : Log ten pro queries

N1 Limit
2nd Mar 2012, 20:57
Hi there
I lost my logbook in my pilot bag that was stolen (long story),thus I managed to recover my hours flown on type and in my company,however the previous entries from flight school are lost although I got a copy from my last summary from the CAA so I know the grand total.From Log ten pro I was able to fill the hours from the summary I got from my company but the total carried forward f or the previous logbook cannot be put.Anybody who can help here

Wizofoz
3rd Mar 2012, 03:58
You have to create a flight of flights that have your totals as the flight time.

No_Speed_Restriction
4th Mar 2012, 06:27
It would be classed as a cumulative times record. If its on one type of aircraft then just enter a single line entry using that type and in the remarks column enter "cumulative times record from previous logbook" (or something to that effect). Try to get as much supportive documentation from the CAA to safely store in the event your current or next employer requires verification/clarification. Any issues, speak to the helpful people at Coradine.

Cheers

thermostat
4th Mar 2012, 22:59
Leave your logbook at home. Get one of those small red ones to keep in your flight bag then transfer to the one at home once per month. That will matters easier for you in the future.

N1 Limit
13th Mar 2012, 22:36
Hey guys
I've discovered that whenever i log times for a flight of 54 minutes from Block off to Block On te auto time it generates 1.0 which i find very odd,similarly it also records any flight on simulator field as well.Any hint how i can restore those ones?

Smoked Toilet
14th Mar 2012, 02:02
N1,

Go into preferences and review the "auto-enter" selections. Auto-enter is used to automatically crossfill data. IOW, if you are an airline captain, you would have PIC checked, as every flight you do would be PIC. It could be that Simulator is selected as an auto enter field.

As far as the :54 to 1:00 is concerned: are your out and in times >:54 min?

ST

sabenaboy
14th Mar 2012, 09:12
I've been using mccPILOTLOG (http://www.mccpilotlog.net/main.html)since a few months now. It's much cheaper and -from what I've heard from friends familiar with both programs- certainly as good as log ten pro and still improving. Only inconvenience: there's no mac-version, but it does have software for windows and linux and free apps for Android, iPhone and soon for Windows Phone.

You only pay one 39 € fee for a lifetime licence for the PRO edition which allows you to import your company's electronic logbook. If your company's logbook format or logbook print layout isn't supported yet, just contact their support team to have it added!

In mccPILOTLOG there's a wizard allowing you to enter your previous experience on a certain date, or a wizard to import your own .xls-files in case you already have your own personal logbook in that format. It can also import the data from other logbook software including log ten pro.

Check it out!

(No, I don't have shares or any other interest in this company. I'm just a happy user :O )

Mikehotel152
14th Mar 2012, 11:42
I use mccPILOTLOG too. I have it on my home PC and the iPad. Works very well, Each programme syncs with the other and my airline's rostering system.

N1 Limit
17th Mar 2012, 04:21
The 54 minutes is block off to block on,i've tried playing with the settings but it still the same,especially for the instruments time i'm not able o change it as it auto-generate it.@Sabena boy i'll try mccpilot log and see what's it all about.

macdo
17th Mar 2012, 23:16
If Logten's your thing, look out for APP big discount days on the 28th 29th March. Only a rumour, so don't flame me if it is not so.