PDA

View Full Version : CPL Checkride

mifsudahna
2nd Mar 2012, 15:12
Hi im taking my CPL checkride soon in the UK and i was wondering if any of you guys can tell me what kind of questions do the examiners ask? I studied the poh of the aircraft several times but is that enough?

zondaracer
2nd Mar 2012, 19:02
Haha, my CAA examiner asked me three questions...
"What are the visibility requirements needed to conduct today´s flight?"
"What is the minimum height we need to do stalls for today´s flight?"
And one more that I can´t remember.

Way easier than my FAA CPL flight test. Actually easier than my FAA PPL oral exam.

stupix
5th Mar 2012, 07:01
I had about an hour and a half of oral questions for my CPL, he basically went through the questions about the legal aspects of every section of the flight and also quite a lot of POF Q's regarding stalling, different landings, and emergencies.
Good luck with the test.

20pilot
5th Mar 2012, 10:43
Hi,

when i did my cpl check, i was asked quite a few questions. some regarding the POH, also theory of flight. There were also quite a few hypothetical questions. i.e- if this was a bad and rainy day and you flew into clouds what would you do? I would go into the test with an open mind and expect a few awkward questions too, always good to prepare. I took my test in arizona with a caa certified examiner.

Tinstaafl
5th Mar 2012, 19:58
When I converted my Oz & FAA ATPLs to the UK variety I did a combined test for both the licence & IR. I was asked "Approach speed flapped & flapless, & Vtoss?" and that was about it.

It was a rather windy & turbulent day and he had doubts about being able to assess me due to the met. conditions so there was some discussion about that. We decided to give it a go and assess as we went. I mustn't have been too bad at it 'cos I passed.