PDA

View Full Version : PPL confuser

Turboclogg
2nd Mar 2012, 07:35
Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me where i might can get this book? It's not for sale anymore at the normal shops. If anybody still has an old copy and willing to sell, please let me know.

Thanks

RTN11
2nd Mar 2012, 09:57
It's out if stock and out of date. Get the ppl perfector instead.

trident3A
2nd Mar 2012, 14:36
I've got an old copy (8th ed 2007) which you can have if you want to collect it. But as above it's a bit out of date now - you might be better off with something more recent.

PM if you want it

BolkowJunior
2nd Mar 2012, 15:23
They occasionally come up on E-BAy but make sure you get the last one with a Cessna on the front (9th Edition) not the green or black ones and remember that some things have changed.

HelipadR22
2nd Mar 2012, 19:58
On Ebay, but there are two with the cessna on.

This one (8th edition I believe)
Private Pilot Licence The PPL Confuser. Pilot Exams NPPL. Aircraft | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Private-Pilot-Licence-PPL-Confuser-Pilot-Exams-NPPL-Aircraft-/140711274463?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item20c30ba7df)

And this one (9th). I have this one and find it excellent, although there are a few wrong answers in there.
The PPL Confuser (JAA) 9th Edition; Neung Sornying - Glynn Stephens. Pilot Book. | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PPL-Confuser-JAA-9th-Edition-Neung-Sornying-Glynn-Stephens-Pilot-Book-/260966474871?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item3cc2d06477)

Be prepared to pay about £50+ for it though. They were going for over £100 at one point but have come down again.

dannyboy11
3rd Mar 2012, 07:23
What about using the Great Circle apps? I have started using them and have found them to be useful in preparing for the exams.

fwjc
3rd Mar 2012, 07:37
Try catsppl.com (http://www.catsppl.com), there's some really useful stuff on there and its free.

RTN11
4th Mar 2012, 21:36
Why is the confuser so famous as the ultimate Q&A book? In my experience, the latest batch of students using it tend to fail their exams more than those with the PPL Perfector which is in current print.

ggargan
23rd Sep 2012, 06:59
I have the great circle apps, which are mostly good apart from the app itself crashing halfway through a test, at least once per day (on iphone anyway).
I don't like that you have to do random questions every time, and not being able to pick a particular topic of a subject to work on. All things that can be improved with it.
Although with that said, for the price of it and some of the questions which came up in my exam (which were nowhere to be found in some of the books) these were very helpful, any may have contributed to those few extra marks which make the difference between an exam pass or fail.

Overall - recommended if you can put up with it crashing now and again.

Suurender_Monkey
23rd Sep 2012, 16:32
Clicked the link to catsppl.com

Do not understand why someone needs my passport number, driving licence details, date of birth etc. Very useful if someone wants to use my details for identity fraud though. Ouch.

Jude098
23rd Sep 2012, 23:06
Airquiz.com is excellent.