PDA

View Full Version : Bond S92 for Stavanger?

reluctantconnie
29th Feb 2012, 21:45
I hear that Bond will be operating an S92 out of Stavanger but can't find any info. Anybody know more about this.

shetlander
1st Mar 2012, 00:53
Bond?
S92?

No wonder you cant find any info.

212man
1st Mar 2012, 01:03
Reluctantconnie - I think you are a bit early in your quest for info.

Shetlander, keep up.....:ok:
Bond Aviation Group Orders 16 S-92® Helicopters (http://www.sikorsky.com/About+Sikorsky/News/Press+Details?pressvcmid=99c6845310975310VgnVCM1000004f62529 fRCRD)

Press Releases
Bond Aviation Group Orders 16 S-92® Helicopters
February 13, 2012
DALLAS, Texas - Sikorsky Aircraft today announced that Bond Aviation Group, the British helicopter operator and subsidiary company of the World Helicopters Group, has signed a contract to buy 16 S-92® helicopters. The purchase is the largest one-time acquisition of S-92 aircraft ever received by Sikorsky Aircraft, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).

“We are deeply honored by the Bond Aviation Group’s confidence in Sikorsky and our S-92 helicopter, which we see expressed by this significant firm order,” said Carey Bond, President of Sikorsky Global Helicopters. “We are delighted to have Bond join the family of S-92 operators around the world who have selected a proven and reliable aircraft”

The S-92 helicopter is one of the largest in its heavy offshore class. Its cabin can easily carry 19 passengers and their luggage. Since entering service in September 2004, the S-92 fleet has grown to more than 150 aircraft. Helicopter transport companies serving the offshore oil and gas industry operate approximately 60 percent of the fleet, and currently account for 90 percent of the fleet’s 380,000 total flight hours.

James Drummond, CEO of World Helicopters Group said: “Bond is delighted to announce the order of 16 new Sikorsky S-92 helicopters. The introduction of the S-92s represents the next stage in Bond’s growth and fleet development for both UK and International operations, such as Oil & Gas and Search and Rescue, for which the S-92 is ideally designed. It is a proven and flexible platform that will provide the performance and range required to operate in these environments whilst delivering the highest standards of safety and comfort for its crew and passengers. We look forward to working with Sikorsky to introduce the new aircraft, the first of which we expect in 2013.”

shetlander
1st Mar 2012, 14:16
My gosh! I do send my humble apologies.

I thought the rumours were the S92's bond have ordered could be for the SAR-H project?

ScotiaQ
1st Mar 2012, 15:52
Some of them could possibly be for SAR-H........who can tell ??

Sq

TiPwEiGhT
1st Mar 2012, 16:56
They apparently have connections in Norway so perhaps they are to aid bidding for the upcoming Phillips and BP contracts out of Stavanger, or for SAR-H.

Any contracts coming up in Aberdeen soon that would require such a fleet?

TiP

Paddyviking
1st Mar 2012, 19:44
The only S92's in Stavanger not in Bristow or CHC colours are the 2 remaining S92's in the 'Norsk Helikopter' colour scheme
At this moment only Bristow Norway opperating S92's out of ENZV
Pv

Helitemp
2nd Mar 2012, 21:21
Word on the street they have bought a Norwegian company with AOC for offshore operations. Who could that be?:hmm:

TiPwEiGhT
4th Mar 2012, 15:11
Norsk Helikopter Service. Being ran by ex CHC HS guys apparently.

molen
17th Mar 2012, 22:25
The first Bond S'92 is due in 2013.

The most up-to-date listing of S-92's can be found here:

<http://www.aeroboek.nl/ab-092C.htm>

TTFD
18th Mar 2012, 13:27
Norsk Helikopter Service. Being ran by ex CHC HS guys apparently. See NHS - Norsk Helikopterservice - The Premier Helicopter Operations Within The Norwegian Continental Shelf (http://www.n-h-s.no/index.asp)

Not quite sure how they say they are "The Premier Helicopter Operator within the Norwegian Continental Shelf" if they haven't got any helicopters yet! :ugh:

Shame that they want to use a mixture of the names of the companies that Bristow and CHC took over rather than come up with a complete new one.

chopper2004
18th Mar 2012, 14:54
I thought the Norsk Helikopter was part of Bristows :) as the colour scheme changed in recent years after taken over?

I remember they had a Leonardo da Vinci newsletter for download on the old Norsk site.

Also looking at the NHS web, the media gallery ,layout looks suspiciously like Bond Offshore and Air Services layout :)

Might see the new S-92 for Bond Offshore being unveiled next year at Heli Expo in Las Vegas?

Horror box
18th Mar 2012, 15:25
Norsk Helikopter Service is a completely new upstart with financial support from Bond. Nothing to do with CHC Helikopter Service nor Bristow Norsk, although the name is indeed a combination of the two and a little confusing. I suspect that if they ever do manage to get up an running they might find a few legal issues using that name. I remember another case not so long ago in the fixed wing world where Norwegian Air Shuttle managed to prevent any other operator from using the name "Norwegian".
As of now NHS do not have any pilots, technicians or aircraft, but I suppose they could possibly get a hold of these fairly quickly if required. They do have an AOC though, I believe. Premier Operator on the Norwegian Continental shelf would be over-egging it a little at the moment I would suggest, as I would say at least having an aircraft and a pilot or two might be an advantage when making such claims! The future might be interesting though, and the market may well be opening up, although it will be a tough market for them to crack with CHC and Bristow taking the lions share of contracts and doing them very well and competitively, then with Blueway and Dancopter picking up smaller contracts and now Lufttransport being able to bid again. I suspect they will try to undercut the others by setting the payscales lower and working the crews more days per roster than the competition. Time will tell how this pans out.

212man
19th Mar 2012, 02:58
It's curious that they choose to show a picture of an MHS aircraft on their website!

jemax
19th Mar 2012, 09:22
Taken from the InvestIndustrial Press release in May 2011, just to clarify ownership and intentions:-

2 May 2011 World Helicopters, the holding company of Grupo Inaer (“Inaer”), owned by Investindustrial and KKR, today announces the successful acquisition of Bond Aviation Group (“Bond”), the UK’s largest independent emergency and mission critical helicopter operator. With over 40 helicopters, Bond provides onshore and offshore helicopter services to the emergency services, police and oil and gas operators. Inaer, with ca. 320 aircraft (273 rotary and 47 fixed wing), is the leading global provider of mission critical helicopter services and has operations in Europe, Australia, North Africa and South America. Peter and Stephen Bond have made a substantial financial investment into the World Helicopter Group and will both have executive seats on the World Helicopters Board. Peter Bond will remain Chairman of the Bond Aviation Group and the Bond operations brand will continue as will the current senior management team in Bond Offshore Helicopters and Bond Air Services.
Luis Miñano, Executive Chairman of Inaer, commented: “We are delighted to have completed this integration which provides us with a strong platform for growth in the fast growing international emergency services market. In the last five years we have built Inaer into a leader in terms of quality, safety and reliability serving governments, local authorities, commercial clients and the public in saving lives and protecting the environment. This acquisition provides us with access to a strong management team and further opportunities to extend our safety and training investments to support our clients. The two entities will operate ca. 360 aircraft worldwide.”
Peter Bond, Executive Chairman of Bond Helicopters: “Bond is a perfect fit with Inaer. Both share the same entrepreneurial spirit and are complementary on both a geographical and fleet basis. We are excited about the prospects that World Helicopters brings with its strong capital base for the continued successful expansion and operation of Bond Air Services and Bond Offshore Helicopters, ensuring the highest levels of service provision and flexibility to meet our customers’ requirements. Furthermore, the resulting Group will leverage on its enlarged size to stay at the forefront in terms of safety, technology advances and fleet capabilities.
Inaer (www.inaer.com): In the last five years Inaer has seen compound annual revenue growth of 24%. Over the same period Inaer has invested more than €300 million in its ca. 320 aircraft to ensure that it has the most modern and responsive fleet. With safety being of paramount importance the Group has also invested a considerable share of its revenues in its own training centres and has the latest state of the art simulator.
Bond Aviation (www.bondairservices.com; www.bondoffshorehelicopters.com): Bond operates in the UK and Ireland. The company has a fleet of 40 helicopters including 10 heavy aircraft, an area where Inaer is currently not present, but sees considerable future growth potential. In emergency services Bond Aviation is responsible for air ambulance helicopter services, police support and marine support to offshore wind farms and lighthouses. In the oil and gas segment the Company provides primarily mission critical crew change and search and rescue services.
For further information please contact Carl Nauckhoff at +41 91 2608326 (cn@investindustrial.

Horror box
19th Mar 2012, 17:38
Jemax - sorry but I cannot see what exactly that clarifies, except that World Helicopters has ownership of Bond an Inaer, which is not news. NHS are still an independent start-up with a Norwegian AOC receiving support from Bond as I see it. What this support entails and how close the relationship is to Bond is yet to be seen. I suspect NHS started a couple of years ago by a group of Norwegians who had experience from the offshore sector in Norway, but struggled to get the funds together and logisitc support required to make it happen on their own. They first appeared nearly 3 years ago, but never managed to get off the ground. Now they have a backing from Bond, which may well provide crews, technicians and aircraft if and when needed. Bond get a foot into Norway, NHS get off the ground, although they have sold their soul to the devil. Classic mafia tactic really!
Just because World Helicopters are the owners behind Bond, it does not mean they will be making the operational decisions. At present there is no indication that NHS has anything directly to do with World Helicopters, other than a partnership with a company owned by them.