PDA

View Full Version : NZ CPL to AUS CPL

brad_nz90
28th Feb 2012, 07:25
I hold a New Zealand CPL and MEIR. I have not flown in about 18months or so. I am moving to OZ for an aircraft engineer apprenticeship But I wish to fly as well. My BFR is due this month. So I am getting that done now. But when it comes to my Multi engine instrument rating it has now lapsed. If I just convert my bare CPL over now can I come back to NZ and resit my MEIR test and then reapply to CASA to add the MEIR onto my license or is it once I have converted to an Aussie license do I have to start it in Oz and redo all the exams and then sit a flight test

Oktas8
28th Feb 2012, 08:48
You can add the MEIR to a CPL under the TTMRA at any time. It does not have to coincide with the license issue. But it will be cheaper and very much easier to do all the TTMRA declarations / applications in one shot.

Poverty_Pilot
28th Feb 2012, 09:30
This might help a little. http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:OLDASSET::svPath=/fcl/download/,svFileName=ttmra.pdf#page5

Not sure on bringing over the instrument rating after the license issue have a feeling you may have to do the oz IR theory to make it legit.

PP

27/09
29th Feb 2012, 06:24
Not sure on bringing over the instrument rating after the license issue have a feeling you may have to do the oz IR theory to make it legit. I was told you can add it later