PDA

View Full Version : Pilot assessment methods

LinkedPilot
26th Feb 2012, 20:19
Hello everyone,
For a long time I have been paying attention to different kind of pilot assessment methods. Most of them are created to assess ab-initios or already flying pilots' aptitudes for flying, their psychological abilities to work as a pilot (considering all the responsibility they accept with this profession)or even a crew captain.
What I end up with was two different pilot assessment methods COMPASS and PILAPT. These two methods were at the top of the list of those that are used mostly in the industry of Europe's aviation. I know, that many airline companies in Europe are adopting pilot assessment methods and I think it is the thing of the near future. But I could not find anything about pilot assessment methods in Asia, Africa or other continents. I thought there may be some cultural influence in this. For example, in some countries it is not acceptable to measure personal characteristics. So that means that methods, which would help to investigate the potential pilots apptitudes, has no chances of being used in these regions.
Nonetheless, I think there are many more pilot assessment methods worldwide. So my aim to ask you to share your knowledge with all of us about any kind of pilot assessment methods that you know.
Sharing is a knowledge.
Kind regards