PDA

View Full Version : New methodology in calculating ULR limits.

NG_Kaptain
26th Feb 2012, 15:40
I have been rather hesitant in posting much less starting threads, especially with the sword held over our heads by the company with regards to PPrune and them divulging identities to EY. I posted the below on another thread but am wondering if this is also affecting EK. It is a farce how the logging is now done, I believe we should apply 100% on both sectors towards limits as I feel the same after operating as crew A or B.

"But can we sustain the workload we have to live with? Recruitment and upgrades are not keeping up with orders. One way to increase productivity and also increase resignations is adopting the new ULR logging criteria. Previously the operating crew logged 100% of the flight and the relief crew 50% and they changed over for the return trip. Now the operating crew logs 60% and the relief crew 40% changing over for the return, this farce effectively means that on one of the sectors you log 0% towards your limits thence they can get you to do more long haul trips per month or year and you are even more tired than now.

mutt
26th Feb 2012, 17:04
Is this 92 block or credit hours?

Mutt

cameljockey
27th Feb 2012, 03:29
It used to be.

Now with the 60/40 rule, you can expect on a 26hr ULR to log about 13 hrs total!

Still unclear who is PIC when operating crew is on rest, if the hours can't be logged.

Awaiting clarification from the powers that be...

NG_Kaptain
27th Feb 2012, 05:58
This was changed only a few days ago. I suppose EK is next.

" “Pilots shall only log time spent in the operating seat”.

Compliance in this matter is required.

Due to the complexities involved in capturing the actual hours, the crew management system (AIMS) has been coded as follows:

· Crew A logs 60% of the total flight time on the outbound sector.

· Crew B logs 40% of the total flight time on the outbound sector.

· Crew A logs 40% of the total flight time on the inbound sector.

· Crew B logs 60% of the total flight time on the inbound sector. "

Wizofoz
27th Feb 2012, 08:25
FTLs aren't a GCAA matter. Even under EASA the documents are only guidelines.

It is up to the operator to set up the scheme, and the Authority to approve it.

There is no way ULR factoring would have been approved under JAR, though EASA is a different matter.

In the UAE , if the operator puts it in the manual and the GCAA approve it, it's legal.

That doest't mean it's right.......