PDA

View Full Version : Air America Daytona Beach.

Kappa87
24th Feb 2012, 12:45
Hi all!
Did someone have some information, or experience with this school? They have good rates on the C172 SP, I need to do some HB and i would like to know a bit more because I dind't found so much informations around.
Thank you very much.

PIELORD
25th Feb 2012, 20:14
Hi

I've rented 172 G1000's at from Air America. They all seemed in good condition and reasonably new.

They have a online scheduling system, which once you are registered is quite convenient.

The only negatives I can think of are;

The office is actually quite a distance from the south east ramp where the aircraft are parked. And so travelling to and from the aircraft involves a golf cart ride.

The other being the girl who works on despatch is a incredibly stroppy teenager who can barely bring herself to look or talk at you! And so you never really feel welcome!

Apart from that its all pretty good.

PS they don't issue visa's so be aware!

Kappa87
26th Feb 2012, 06:49
Thank you very much. So the most important thing is the aircraft conditions, at least for me! For the VISA there is no problem, i'll be ok with the waiver program.
Thank you very much again, and if someone else have other Opinion, please write!!

B2N2
27th Feb 2012, 15:26
Well there are a few "inaccuracies" on this page
Air America Flight Center, LLC - The Leading Flight School and Aircraft Rental Center in Daytona Beach, Florida (http://www.airamericafc.com/foreign-pilots-faa-license-conversion.php)

MatteoLIPH
26th Feb 2013, 07:19
hello i was looking for a 90 hours of time building his summer and found air america website. I saw that rates are really competitive but, as all the other things, when the price is good there s something wrong..anyone went there to build up some hours that can explain his/her experience?? i can t decide between air america, ncb, long beach, chandler etc...!

wild goose
2nd Mar 2013, 10:59
Were you able to get a quote from them for a "dry" rate?
I am shopping around as well, but am only being quoted for wet rates, which means you can only refuel at the home base