PDA

View Full Version : Another happy ASL customer.

MadMadMike
23rd Feb 2012, 02:53
I sat ATPL Systems today and was thrilled to find a question with the same exact correct answer twice in one of the of the questions.

ie. 5 options to tick but only 4 different answers with the correct answer given twice.

Sadly failed by one question, one of which was this particular one... Clearly need more study but can't help but be more than a little annoyed at the lack of care taken in a system that has been operating for many years now.

Unbelievable that they charge a disgraceful $130 to reassess a multiple choice exam! :mad: user pays, and pays.... and pays

Finally does anyone else believe that some of the systems answers may be somewhat debatable as to the correct answer :ugh:

belly tank
23rd Feb 2012, 03:04
Bad luck Mike i know the feeling:ugh:

Id also have to argue that there are questions in the SYS exam with more than one correct answer, the trouble is you have to work out which of those two is MORE correct. Just keep plugging away mate and you will be right next time.

Just dont take to long to re sit it, id be booking in straight away for the earliest slot you can get.:ok:

morno
23rd Feb 2012, 03:33
Remember - It's not ASL who set the exams, it's CASA.

Blame CASA, not ASL.

morno

Jabawocky
23rd Feb 2012, 03:41
Maybe.....but ASL are pretty useless too :(

MadMadMike
23rd Feb 2012, 03:44
So which is the more correct answer...

A) Nozzle guide vanes
B) XXXXX
C) XXXXX
D) Nozzle guide vanes

Definitely Nozzle Guide Vanes is more correct than Nozzle Guide Vanes... :ok:

fpt
23rd Feb 2012, 07:50
Assessment Services Limited are a bunch of :mad:! i want my money back!

lilflyboy262...2
24th Feb 2012, 00:39
Hang on.
If you answered it correctly but selected the wrong correct answer (in your case, not the stupid having to select the most correct answer), and you failed by 1 question, can you not argue this in a recount?

Sure you need to do more study, but only in the areas that you are lacking knowledge in. There is no reason to have to write the exam again when you should have passed, but failed do to their stuff up.

Don't let this one go so easily.