PDA

View Full Version : A330 RUDDER

matblack
22nd Feb 2012, 22:20
Have a close look at this picture. Zoom in to the rudder. Does this look normal?
I searched the reg on google images over the past week or so and it looks similar.
A7-AED - Qatar Airways Airbus A330-300 at Manchester | ID 188261 | Airplane-Pictures.net (http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/188261/a7-aed-qatar-airways-airbus-a330-300/)

jamesferns
23rd Feb 2012, 02:19
Yup, looks pretty normal to me:bored:

Groundloop
23rd Feb 2012, 07:48
Might help if you indicated what you thought was not normal.

If you are talking about the leading edge of the rudder apparently not being straight that is distortion caused by jet exhaust between the rudder and the camera - heat shimmer.

chuzwuza
23rd Feb 2012, 08:01
Give us a clue then matblack. What is supposed to be wrong with it?

Load Toad
23rd Feb 2012, 11:08
I suppose the OP means the rear of the rudder looks a bit bent.

Or perhaps the colour is off...?

matblack
23rd Feb 2012, 22:15
If you look closely about half way up (top right corner of pic) where the rudder is adjacent to the tail it looks like the surface is damaged. If you zoom in on this area in the pic it's very clear.

Wardie73
23rd Feb 2012, 22:26
If you mean the access panel forward of the rudder section, then that panel is shaped like that. So it's all good.:ok:

Groundloop
24th Feb 2012, 09:00
If you look closely about half way up (top right corner of pic) where the rudder is adjacent to the tail it looks like the surface is damaged.

As I have already mentioned it is an optical illusion - heat shimmer caused by photographing through the jet exhaust. You can also see it on the inboard trailing edge of the wing. The trailing edge further out is nice and sharp and then it goes all "fuzzy".

KBPsen
24th Feb 2012, 09:31
As Wadie said, it is supposed to look like that. The three rudder actuators are located there, so there are cut-outs in the rudder and the trailing edge of the access panels on the vertical stab are shaped accordingly.