PDA

View Full Version : UK JAA FIE B206

Delta75
21st Feb 2012, 02:39
I need a UK JAA FIE, rated on B206, to carry out a type rating renewal plus a FI(H) renewal during the first half of June 2012. Preferably based in the south east / midlands.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Delta

Translational Lift
21st Feb 2012, 05:27
Try Geoff Day, he is based in the East Midlands most of the time.

T.

Delta75
21st Feb 2012, 05:59
Many thanks T.
I have Geoff on my list of people to contact.
If anyone else knows of any other possibles, I would be grateful.
Delta

Helinut
21st Feb 2012, 21:01
Delta,

This question, or one quite like it, has been asked before and many of the active FIEs listed in those threads. From my knowledge of many of them (there are not that many) most will be rated on the B206.

Mike Green
Leon Smith
Mike Buckland
Stuart Hughes

are ones that I know and would recommend personally, but I can't think of a mediocre FIE.

Not sure of your situation, but why not ask your local/favourite flying school? You will need to put together a TRTO/aircraft/instructor combination. This may be more important if you need a renewal, rather than a revalidation: you might then need 2 people.

I assume you have the other elements in place i.e. sufficient currency and/or a seminar within the last 12 months of your planned flight test dates.

Heli-Jock
21st Feb 2012, 21:13
I would agree with Helinut.

Leon Smith Has access to a B206 and would get my vote all day long, having just completed an IR at his gaff!

Geof Day, owns a B206 but its always on lease to some pipeline people.

Mike Green, not sure mike has access to B206 at mo?

Good luck with who ever you choose.

J

helicopter-redeye
21st Feb 2012, 21:13
I think Oli Byard-Jones would prob fit the bill too (freelance) - Midlands/ based south of Birmingham/ certainly a 206 TRE and and FI on the 206.

I also vote on two of the previously mentioned.

(but which two...)

h-r

Delta75
22nd Feb 2012, 01:33
Many thanks for the replies. That's a great help. I have been out of the UK for a while, so was not sure who was still in the loop.
Thanks again.
Delta

TiPwEiGhT
22nd Feb 2012, 14:09
Send a message to Rotorfossil. He may still be current, LEGEND on the jetbanger.

TiP