PDA

View Full Version : Could use some job search advice

rabidcat
18th Feb 2012, 04:32
I am currently a student helicopter pilot here in Dallas and my wife is going through IFOD (Institude of Flight Ops and Dispatch) school here. We are hoping to get jobs in the same area when she finishes school and are having trouble finding companies that offer dispatch services. We have already discovered JsFirm and a few other basic/general job sources but are open to any advice.

Does anyone know a good method of finding dispatch companies, getting in front of dispatch companies, or any credentials that would give her a competitive edge at getting in the field?

My best advice to her was to get a flight communicator course completed to make her eligible for HEMS dispatch gigs out there... but that's about all I have got.

I am really hoping my fellow rotorheads can point me in the right direction. I posted this in Flight Crew/Dispatch forum, but it seems to be a slow moving place on PPRune :ugh:

Thank you for any help you can provide!

SASless
18th Feb 2012, 04:46
If she winds up at an airline where you two would get Pass Privileges....it would facilitate your working on a tour system (one or two weeks on/one or two weeks off rotation) and you could live where she finds work. That would make working in the Gulf of Mexico or some EMS operation much more tolerable.

Pay and benefits would be better as well unless she can land a job with a Hospital owned or State owned operation.

You have a long ways to go to finding a job in either industry so you have plenty of time to work something out.

If one is to believe the Dispatch School's advertising...their should be her first source of job information and contacts.

rabidcat
18th Feb 2012, 22:55
Thanks SASless. Yeah, her dispatch school claims %100 job placement, however, so far the AM class is the only ones getting the interviews:(

I only have a couple months left, and she shouldnbe finished at the end of March. So, we are working outside the box. Gotta be resourceful in aviation!