PDA

View Full Version : "ace the technical pilot interview" book

TALAL-KUW
16th Feb 2012, 19:04
Any one have any idea if there is multiple choice answer for the "ace technical pilot interview" book

despegue
16th Feb 2012, 19:09
The book is one big piece of nonsense with a myriad of errors.

Aussie
16th Feb 2012, 22:51
Yeah agree, many many errors. First page i laughed when i saw QUANTAS :)

goldthop
17th Feb 2012, 02:41
Amazon says that version 2 is coming out in June. I wonder if it will be a corrected version of the original or if it has been completely redone.

Andy24
17th Feb 2012, 06:23
"ace the technical pilot interview" book. Any one have any idea if there is multiple choice answer for the "ace technical pilot interview" book

That is indeed a very good idea.

latetonite
17th Feb 2012, 06:43
The questions you will be asked in an interview are also multiple choice, right?

Cloud Chaser
17th Feb 2012, 07:11
LOL Latetonite :D

Ninja chauffeur
17th Feb 2012, 07:22
Do yourself a favour and throw it in the garbage. It's idd full of (big) mistakes, and not nearly as detailed enough. Makes you wonder how he got through his interviews...

Airb
17th Feb 2012, 08:44
Does anyone know a better book to study?

FL123
17th Feb 2012, 17:57
the book is perfect for questions. lot of airlines do ask questions from that book.
for the answers please go through your atpl notes!!

Pilot-787
31st Jul 2012, 14:23
I see a second edition has been released.. Anyone knows if 'all' the failures are corrected in this version?

Microburst2002
4th Aug 2012, 13:14
That was the original idea, but then the editors decided to keep all the errors there. Otherwise people answering correctly would start failing assessments because their answers wouldn't be correct according to the old version.:}

aozc
4th Aug 2012, 14:15
The questions are pretty good actually for preparation however the explanations aren't the best and there are many errors but they are easy to spot and they often miss the point.

Ghost_Rider737
7th Aug 2012, 22:39
I was interviewed for a SO job at Cathay in 2007.
One of the questions I was asked :

"Why does the Anvil form in the mature stage of a thunderstorm "?

Any guesses what the apparent correct answer is ?

FL123
8th Aug 2012, 00:08
"Why does the Anvil form in the mature stage of a thunderstorm "?

Anvil is formed at the end of mature stage. During the start of the decaying stage equilibrium within the surrounding air is reached near the top of the Cb Cell. This will in turn give rise to the horizontal flow of ice crystals which forms in Stratiform Cloud often in the shape of ANVIL. Anvil will point in the direction where the Cb flows. Hope that answers your question!

Ghost_Rider737
15th Aug 2012, 06:49
Well the answer he wanted was that the anvil forms when it reaches an area of constant temperature.
That being part of the mature stage of development.

hin0727
18th Jun 2013, 13:40
Is 2nd edition still contain lots of mistakes as the first edition does?! coz I am using it to prepare for my cadet pilot program interview. If yes, Can someone recommend a better book then??

P40Warhawk
14th Apr 2014, 10:16
Maybe they made those errors with a reason.
This makes you actually search in your ATPL books, so you will find the correct answers in the book. I have been reading also another Job interview book before, and there it states, that people just take everything for granted to easy. Just being lazy and take answers for correct without even thinking about it is to me a sign of bad motivation.
That was why I for example always studied the books before my exams and supplementary used the questionbank. Having actual knowledge is more valuable then just remembering answers.
That is just my point of view.

I have also ordered this book today, to have a bit more a clear idea what to expect, but I WILL also use my ATPL book.
So its all up to you. How bad do you want to have a pilot job and how much effort do you put into it.

It is all about Motivation and Attitude.

bigjarv
14th Apr 2014, 23:35
For cadet interview preparation, get a head for the sky is pretty solid. Not good for technical stuff but all the rest of the prep it's invaluable. Anyone else read it?

P40Warhawk
15th Apr 2014, 19:29
I agree, this is more valuable for your first break. Later if you apply by for example Emirates,Cathay etc. you have specific prep. bookwork.
Cost more, but the job interview is going to be a lot different then your first job interview.
I guess at airlines where high exp. is required the questions will be a lot more difficult and more extensive on previous exp. And more knowledge is expected.

Maybe for cadets also useful to read Handling the Big Jets?
Anyone?