PDA

View Full Version : Good flying schools that are registered with CRICOS.

tuaapache
16th Feb 2012, 14:48
Hi all,
I am just wondering if you guys can recommend any good flying schools for MECIR that are registered with CRICOS (schools that are registered with the government and accept international students).
Cheers

tuaapache
18th Feb 2012, 09:26
Have anyone trained at Royal Queensland Aero Club before?

nastyevil110
20th Feb 2012, 08:04
You better of consider going to USA or Canada I know one guy who started with this club never got solo they charged him upto 25000 dollars Australia is ripp of in pilot training don't burn your dollars on oz training my advice rest is up to you

tuaapache
21st Feb 2012, 12:36
I would have gone to Canada or US but I already got my CPL from Australia so I can only do it there otherwise I would have to convert the license just to do the MEIR course.

OzFlyGuy
21st Feb 2012, 21:13
Try Melbourne Flight Training ... check their website.

MakeItHappenCaptain
22nd Feb 2012, 02:46
You better of consider going to USA or Canada I know one guy who started with this club never got solo they charged him upto 25000 dollars Australia is ripp of in pilot training don't burn your dollars on oz training my advice rest is up to you

And don't forget, most Australian "ripp of" schools don't give you a license unless you can actually fly the aircraft to the required standard, not just "here's the money, why haven't I got my license yet?":rolleyes:

ps. Pass in English language proficiency is required for license issue too.:E

peterc005
22nd Feb 2012, 22:16
Yes, keep hearing good things about MFT.

Their fleet is older and limited, but seems a good school.

tuaapache
23rd Feb 2012, 01:32
That school is expensive as hell. 22,000 for MEIR.