PDA

View Full Version : HELOG GLOBAL

212_Nightdipper
16th Feb 2012, 12:03
Hello Folks,

anyone could give me some infos about this company (roaster, paycheck,accomodations..etc) ?...from the website operatively speaking they seem to be very professional and dynamic ....given the places where they operate plus the fact that I'm looking for some adventure after leaving the military, this company seems to me very interesting!:ok:

Thanks very much...any help greatly appreciated...

212ND

jymil
20th Feb 2012, 20:36
Helog went broke back in 2008. Seems like they are back in business now.

Hedski
20th Feb 2012, 23:50
It depends which part of Helog is now running.
My experience not too nice.
PM if you require further info.

H

212_Nightdipper
21st Feb 2012, 09:22
Hello Hedski,

Check your PMs

212_ND

SiClick
21st Feb 2012, 12:31
You can PM me for info, but its a few years since I was with them in Sudan

fluffy5
21st Feb 2012, 15:04
bunch of bloody clowns, had to put up with there crap... almost sent me to the sudan, the poor bastards that got sent there, probably have a few more entertaining things to say.

Fluffy5

400hover
21st Feb 2012, 15:20
I have sended my cv to them, hope to get called, even with these "bad" info of them!!

212_Nightdipper
21st Feb 2012, 15:25
I've sent my CV at night and the very next morning i got a reply asking for relevant documents copies (license and all)...but now its been a week and no more comms...i will give it some time....for me would be the first job outside the mil.....seems not be too easy to get into the civ business...:ugh::ugh::ugh:

400hover
21st Feb 2012, 15:32
I've sent mine a few ago, but no response... maybe wrong mail.. or not. But i have the requisites they asked.

Welcome to frustating civil world of helicopter aviation!! Much more cv's you will send! Or not :)

212_Nightdipper
21st Feb 2012, 15:35
Hopefully not....so far i've done thru CHC and Bristow ads...same preliminary answer and after that...:ugh:...SILENCE! :ugh:.....well well well...looks like someone must learn the noble art of PATIENCE!!....

hueyracer
21st Feb 2012, 16:08
@fluffy:

I have been one of the "poor bastards" they have sent to Sudan....(years ago)....

And: Yeah, you´r right....!

Camp Freddie
21st Feb 2012, 20:44
We had a guy with us that had been with them in Sudan, complete muppets he said

alouette
21st Feb 2012, 22:47
"Unmatched professionalism in aviation..." well, seeing is believing. Also the mission statements... Not that I want to cast a shadow, but I heard hair raising stories about the op in Sudan.:}

212_Nightdipper
22nd Feb 2012, 07:01
....Wow.....still not a single positive comment for them.....hopefully they got better after getting back in business.....:confused:

AlfonsoBonzo
10th Mar 2015, 22:08
Have they changed their name and are now called Global Helicopter Service?

hueyracer
11th Mar 2015, 04:10
Yes..that´s them….

Operation still unchanged…(at least that´s what the guys leaving them say)...

212_Nightdipper
11th Mar 2015, 13:38
....and thats why they seem to be recruiting at the moment....

AlfonsoBonzo
11th Mar 2015, 14:13
Thanks for confirming.

Still no one who can say positive things about them?

Same again
11th Mar 2015, 16:46
With someone called 'Loser' as the FOM what can possibly go wrong?

whoknows idont
12th Mar 2015, 21:07
Still no one who can say positive things about them?

I would be more than suprised! :suspect:

I heard a lot of very daunting first hand stories about them over the few years I've had in the industry so far... If you don't see any way around them, try and have them pay you up front on a monthly basis... :rolleyes:

Fuhron
24th Mar 2015, 16:34
Gentlemen,

I totally do not care about old stories and rumors posted about Helog and its operations. Some may be true, some not...

But to put one thing right, Global Helicopter Services does not have anything to do with Helog, neither at the financial end nor organizational wise nor in any other way in the background.

It might be that a few of former Helog employees or freelancers are now working for this newly found company but we all know how small this industry is...

Therefore it would help this conversation to separate these two entities. Let us all know, if you hear any of these "stories" about GHS and its actual operations.

All the best and always happy landings

hueyracer
25th Mar 2015, 03:37
Obviously you´re working for them…..so for a start, telling these "employees" that were taken over from Helog not to wear Helog uniforms any longer would be a start….

Kruxl
28th Mar 2015, 08:33
Hey guys,

Helog Global does not exsist anymore (I think they opend up a new business with a different name), there is still a company called Helog Sudan existing which works close together with Agrarflug Helilift (Germany) and Nova Airways (Sudan). Some former employees from Helog opend up a new business which is called GHS which is mainly funded by Agrarflug Helilift. This new company has nothing to do with the old Helog management. I myself was in Sudan in 2014 and I have to say that the operation from the side of the crew and mechanics under the circumstances working in Sudan and such an environment was quite professional. From management side it was a peace of ****. GHS was trying to take over the Sudan operation in cooperation with Helog Sudan, don`t know if it worked out thoug. GHS is at least trying to set up a quite professional operation. Don`t know if it will work out. :D