PDA

View Full Version : Shebleaviation Fort Mohave Arizona

fred1977
15th Feb 2012, 21:21
hello

I want to get my FAA ATP and someone recomanded me to go to Shelbleaviation AZ
If anyone been to this flight school recently please give me your feeling?

Thanks a lot

Gomrath
16th Feb 2012, 01:33
I think you will find that Sheble are not able to provide visa to foreign students. They are not FAA Part 141 approved etc.

fred1977
16th Feb 2012, 08:02
Yes of course but i want to know feedback from people who been there to get checkride.
Thanks

Muddy Boots
25th Feb 2012, 13:34
They don't have the greatest reputation by the industry.

They get the job done but can be deemed as the easy place to go as there is no controlled airspace there. The examiners also have a reputation of being excessively leinient, unless you completely drop a bollock, you'll pass...

Gomrath
25th Feb 2012, 14:57
and it is not uncommon for many Flight Schools to not employ Flight Instructors who have trained at Sheble for that reason.

Jaz and the Fat Man
25th Feb 2012, 15:47
I had my multi-engine checkride at Sheble many years ago and I disagree with a broad statement suggesting pilots that receive a checkride there are shunned from working at another company. Several years after that check ride, which was one of the most demanding and memorable, I spent several years as a 737 Captain, then 20 years as a 747/744 Captain, and now 320 Captain. A check ride, whether deemed easy or difficult, doesn't necessarily project that airman's capabilities then or in the future. Forget about the unfounded rumors you read in posts such as this, I'm sure you'll be able to glean through those that simply like to stir the pot with negative comments and the facts. Good luck!

Alloyboy
4th Mar 2012, 02:23
Got my single and multi commercial there a few months ago. I had numeroussetbacks at where I was previously training(plane braking down, schedulingdifficulties) and I decided to go ahead and give Sheble a try. The best way Ican describe it is- more bush pilot-esque, less airline pilot -esque. It's inthe middle of nowhere, the planes are basic Cessna 172s and a couple BeechTravelairs, all of which are pretty beat up(of course they are, it's a flightschool) The runway is a small strip with houses on them where the locals cantaxi into their garages. You go there, find an instructor in the small office,do the lesson, fly, fly again the next day and the checkride follows.

Despite it's outward appearance, I found the instruction to be very good andeffective. The examiners too were very knowledgeable and in my case, were noway easy on me. My home airport is in the middle of class B and C airspaces, sogoing to a place with basically none was actually refreshing. Just hop in theplane and go fly.

I went there because I was sick of wasting time I really didn't have muchmore studying to go, but I can definitely see how they can get a bad wrap withflying schools that see themselves as an "airline pilot" factories asSheble is basically the anti- ATP Flight School- loose and free.

So If you value getting the rating done and behind you, then I recommend it.If you want your resume to be a sparkling thing of beauty, 8th Wonder of theWorld for that airline gig, or that CFI in which you where a pilot uniform andteach in Cessna 172s with the full G1000 panel, then maybe not. I DON'Trecommend the private or IFR, justbecause I think it takes more than a week to absorb all of that stuff.