PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory In Melb

fzsn
15th Feb 2012, 07:27
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows of/ can recommend any good ATPL theory schools in melbourne?
Im already considering going to AFT but id like to know if theres anything closer to home first.

Thanks in advance

peterc005
15th Feb 2012, 07:47
The obvious answer is Lionel Taylor:

:::: Welcome to LIONEL TAYLOR AVIATION THEORY :::: (http://www.aviationtheory.com.au/)

Lionel is a legend and has a great record with his ATPL classes at Moorabbin.

He holds his classes in the Peter Bini building.

tweekey
15th Feb 2012, 08:44
Lionel only does met, air law and HUF for ATPL

Pretty sure he's running his last sessions now also...

Speedbird0390
15th Feb 2012, 11:43
And he does Flight Planning, Performance and Nav. Only part time (twice a week usually tuesday and thursday 1800-2100) and prob once or twice a year.

peterc005
15th Feb 2012, 21:37
Lionel has been talking about retiring since the Wright brothers were still writing flight manuals.

Hopefully he's around for a while longer.

clindorff
21st Aug 2012, 05:08
He does ALL ATPL subjects. Part time for most weeks of the year.

glenb
21st Aug 2012, 10:46
I did mine with Lionel many years ago and he was (and no doubt is still) sensational. However another option is a Company called Ground Effect in sandringham. Run by some dedicated ground instructors including a well respected senior Airline Pilot teaching there.

A number of our students have used the place and the feedback has been very positive. I have spoken to the owners and although a new business they have invested a lot in it i.e. time and money. They are very committed to making it work.

I have no vested interest in it, but i would love to see it work. Instead of all the schools using junior instructors to teach straight from the book, as an industry we should make this concept work.

Give it a go. If they let you down, let us know on here.