PDA

View Full Version : Advice for PPL student, training in March with EASA, Florida

solo1483
14th Feb 2012, 23:38
Hi all,

I'm travelling to Florida for the month of March to do my PPL and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for when I'm out there (big do's and don'ts, good places to fly to, good habits etc). I gather the skies are very busy with all kinds of traffic so I've been told to be very observant at all times. I've also been told to make sure to use carb heat regularly.

I've sat all of the JAA PPL theory exams already so I'm really looking forward to the flying. I'll be flying in a 152.

Here is a link to the package I've signed up to:
Euro American School of Aviation - JAA Private Pilot Deluxe Package - JAA PPL License FLORIDA United States USA (http://www.flyeasa.com/private_pilot_deluxe.php)

Also, if anyone will be out there in March, PM me, it'd be great to familiar with someone before I go.

Thanks in advance.

Whopity
15th Feb 2012, 11:04
I'm wondering if anyone has any adviceThe package quotes 17 hours solo inc a night qualification. Therefore; if you haven't gone solo by hour 9 you cannot achieve it in the time. 9 hours was the time allocated on flying scholarships and took typically 5 days. It is achievable but requires some dedication.