PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Keeping yourself Current

AvEnthusiast
14th Feb 2012, 10:19
Hi Guys,

I'm living in a country where there is no Genav (Meaning there is even not a small c-172 or small multi for which I have the rating, so I can hire it privately and fly). And getting into airlines as a low hour and fresh graduate is quite difficult. How can keep myslef current? As even if I plan to go for a type rating in some cases mostly airbus approved TRTOs require currency and profeciency as a pre-requisites. So what are the chances of keeping myself current?

Aren't there any regulations which permit me to travel to neighboring country, have one of their pilot on board as PIC or whatever, but I maneouver the plane with my home country license and then have it logged in my logbook? (I know it sounds funny)

Genghis the Engineer
14th Feb 2012, 11:07
Is your, presumably Afghan, licence an ICAO one?

Most countries will permit you to fly with PPL privileges on a foreign ICAO licence. The mechanisms vary from country to country, inevitably - from the UK where you just get on with it, to the USA where you need to have security checks and your licence formally validated.

It seems to me that your best bet might be to see if you can find a friendly flying club somewhere in Pakistan? This (http://www.pakistaniaviation.com/101599pkflyingclubs.htm) might help?, who can help you sort out whatever validation is needed in Pakistan and the ability to rent and do some local flying, with or without a local instructor.

G

AvEnthusiast
18th Feb 2012, 11:06
Anhanh! That's sounds interesting. I need to check this out. Actually I have applied for FAA validation, but I think it's a very lenghty process.

pilot6
18th Feb 2012, 12:54
hi guys,

outside EU and especially in africa you need a FAA license, if you want to do a CPL license you have to go to the USA anyway, for a revalidation you can do it local, but they only give a PPL.

cheers mate

mad_jock
18th Feb 2012, 13:16
especially in africa you need a FAA license

no you don't. A JAR license is more than acceptable.