PDA

View Full Version : Spanair Owes AENA €70 Mln

djfwells
13th Feb 2012, 21:30
Kind of takes the shine off the Spanish Airport Authorities €150 million profit for 2011

Spanair owes AENA €70 Million (http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/4823-spanair-owes-aena-70-million.html)

JSCL
13th Feb 2012, 21:32
And this couldn't join the previous spanair thread because?....

racedo
13th Feb 2012, 22:17
Its about AENA providing a hidden subsidy to Spanair by not collecting fees........

Spanair is reported to have carried approximately 7.5 Million passengers a year so just how long have these fees been unpaid for ?

jabird
14th Feb 2012, 02:49
Its about AENA providing a hidden subsidy to Spanair by not collecting fees........

I'm all for conspiracies, but this sounds more like manana culture on the payment and enforcement of the debt. Surely if AENA are going to do anyone any favours, it is the red and yellow lot?

racedo
14th Feb 2012, 07:25
Not necessarily as depends on the airports, each airport is run independently so Airports in the Catalan part of Spain may not have been collecting for a year or two on advice of local govt.

Unless the detail is provided it will be difficult to know.

Not collecting debts owed to a Govt body is a hidden subsidy.

jabird
14th Feb 2012, 10:13
Not collecting debts owed to a Govt body is a hidden subsidy.

I'm always cautious about the S word - remember FoE and their "£10bn subsidy to aviation" claim, which they won't actually back up when scrutinised.

But yes - I see what you are saying, you are into the murky world of unpublished accounts.

Also, I hadn't realised the extent of Catalan ownership, so fair enough.

MKY661
14th Feb 2012, 12:00
So Spanair now owns Aena €70 million too. So that adds to the possible €9 million they may be fined.