PDA

View Full Version : Training Department at EY and EK

mbw2
13th Feb 2012, 18:14
For those in the know....how are the training departments at EY and EK compare to one another? or are they both the same? Checkrides from hell...or laid back learning enviornment?
Thanks.

NG_Kaptain
14th Feb 2012, 21:39
At EY my experiences have been fairly positive, I'm on the widebody fleet. Been hearing lately that the mafia from Denile and the river Jordan has been giving guys hell on the 320, especially for upgrades which have been having an extremely high failure rate. A trainer on the triple seven told me they have a 20% fail rate on upgrades where as the mini bus has been around a 20% pass rate.

busav8r
14th Feb 2012, 22:10
And what about QR? How is the training and checking environment?

mbw2
15th Feb 2012, 10:25
That sucks..
If you knew this before....would you have still come? or would this be a big enough reason not to come over in your opinion?
thanks.

shortfuel
15th Feb 2012, 14:57
fail rate on upgrades where as the mini bus has been around a 20% pass rate

What you have heard is wrong. For two reasons.
The first one, and you could have guessed by yourself, so far all the Airbus upgrade assessment candidates are MFF.
There are all at least MFFlying with a LR aircraft. So "20% pass rate on the mini bus" is a nonsense.

The second reason is the percentage you quoted. The pass rate was made public during an open meeting on that matter and it was not 20% on the Airbus fleet, at least double this figure IIRC.

mbw2
15th Feb 2012, 17:35
what's MFF?

shortfuel
15th Feb 2012, 21:34
Mixed Fleet Flying i.e. 2 licence endorsement, either A320-A330 or A330-A340 in Etihad.