PDA

View Full Version : Routes

Mr Mac
13th Feb 2012, 15:33
Have got a couple of trips coming up in next month which I am looking at routes on. One to Madagascar and second to BA in Argentina (I know I am mad at the moment but client insists !). I do not want to use LHR / London Airways / Air Chance due to previouse experiances and therefore I am looking at alternatives. Flights would be Business class. Initial thought on route one, EK via Mauritiuse and shuttle over on local carrier. On route two LH via Frankfurt. All journeys to start from Man. Please note I do not get off on multiple stop / changes etc, I do quite enough flying as it is, so keep it simple if possible please.

PAXboy
13th Feb 2012, 17:06
This is a useful routing tool. It's US based but, once you get the hang of it, it really is different. Hipmunk: Better Flight and Hotel Search (http://www.hipmunk.com/)

easyflyer83
13th Feb 2012, 18:13
Who are we? Your travel agent? ;-)
Dubai airways is a good option, not sure if Abu Dhabi Airlines or Doha Airways would be of any use.

davidjohnson6
13th Feb 2012, 20:17
Despite the odd chance of a vandal spouting rubbish, wikipedia is remarkably good for its listings of which aurlines fly where from any given airport. For schedules try something like amadeus.net

Hartington
13th Feb 2012, 20:41
If you want an experience you could take a deep breath and fly Air Madagascar (not know as MadAir without reason) from Paris. Corsair is your alternative from Paris and whilst probably better isn't really known as a business carrier. anyone else and you're going to go Manchester/Somewhere/Somewhere else/Antananarivo. Frankly I'd bite my lip and take Air France.

As for BA theres a peusdo Ibera flight (Operated by Air Nostrum) MAN/MAD giving a 3 hour connection to the onward to BA.

Mr Mac
14th Feb 2012, 07:35
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Will probably use EK on route 1 and shuttle over. Have been using Air Rwanda on Dubai - Mombasa route on and off for some months, and I am a bit jaded with smaller African carriers, hence looking at alternatives other than Madair.

BA looks like Lufthansa at the moment (will check a/c used)as Iberia gave me some problems a couple of times out of Havana and their Business class is not that good in my opinion. Anyway thanks once again, and who needs an agent (They travel very little in reality, compared with most posters on here, and do not often think out of the box) when you have PPRuNe for info. ;)