PDA

View Full Version : Emirates in Amerika

8sugarsugar
13th Feb 2012, 09:35
Any good rumors for new US Destinations? Heard one that surprised me, KMSP from a reliable source.

White Knight
13th Feb 2012, 22:06
Speak English...............

KMSP????????????????????

casablanca
13th Feb 2012, 22:20
Kmsp = Minneapolis, Minnesota

Aerodmb
13th Feb 2012, 23:32
Spelled America

Iver
14th Feb 2012, 03:08
My bets for future American destinations (based on no inside information):

Boston (KBOS)
Washington Dulles (KIAD)
Chicago (KORD)
Atlanta (KATL)
Seattle (KSEA)
Las Vegas (KLAS)
Miami (KMIA)

Of course, EK just added Dallas Ft. Worth (KDFW) - that would be a great layover for steak lovers - try the cattle yards (not exact name) in old Ft. Worth - AWESOME food.

Again, the EK CEO has stated in recent articles that all US destinations would "eventually" be served by A380s... So, future US destinations would likely need to accomodate A380s and not all can do so presently. I know KIAD and KMIA currently do accomodate A380s for Air France and Lufthansa. Perhaps 777s would be used initially to build traffic for eventual A380s. Of course, this is all pure speculation until something happens... :ok::}

Kapitanleutnant
14th Feb 2012, 14:42
Have heard rumor that EK have applied for "liquor licenses" for:
BOS
IAD
ORD
MIA
ATL
MCO

I suppose it's for the lounges to start up?

Also, this article may be why EK are pursuing the US Market more aggressively. It's a tad old but that only means the numbers are probably larger than this article states:

Indian Population Explodes in the U.S. (http://www.usindiafriendship.net/indian_population_explodes.htm)

K

halas
14th Feb 2012, 15:36
Wow Iver (#5)

You reckon Seattle is a chance?

Not sure but the odds are 155/1 against!

Hedge your bets my son!

halas

showel
14th Feb 2012, 16:30
Daily Seattle is starting in March, have seen ad in UAE newspaper;)

Iver
14th Feb 2012, 16:31
Just speculation... Plenty of Indian engineers living in SEA - how do they get home? Many large multinational companies based there including Microsoft with worldwide travel needs. Most legacy carriers serve SEA including BA, LH and I believe SAS - so, more international traffic to poach. Plus, maybe just use a 777 or A350 (eventually) on the SEA route initially if demand does not require an A380. SEA could be considered a "long and thin" route until demand builds.

Thanks for the update Showel.

Gulf News
14th Feb 2012, 19:23
Knock Knock

Who is there?

Iver

Iver who ?

Iver good idea where Emirates will fly to next month.

Flights to Seattle | Emirates Airline (http://www.emirates.com/english/destinations_offers/destinations/america/unitedstates/seattle/index.aspx)

8sugarsugar
14th Feb 2012, 21:02
Detroit wouldn't be a bad idea for EK to visit. 3-4 hour drive from Toronto, largest arab population outside the middle east in Dearborn and huge Indian population in Ann Arbor.

halas
15th Feb 2012, 03:16
The announced Seattle last year! :ugh:

halas

8sugarsugar
24th Apr 2012, 01:32
Metro Airport asks travelers’ help to gain Detroit-Dubai air service | Detroit Free Press | freep.com (http://www.freep.com/article/20120423/NLETTER35/120423050/Dubai-Metro-Airport-Emirates-Airlines)

EK invading Delta

Duke_Nukem
24th Apr 2012, 09:00
Funny that! Delta is SO out of their league . . .

From the KDTW survey site . . .

"One reason for urgency is that Detroit’s trying to getnonstop service to Dubaibefore Chicago does. Right now,the Midwest has no nonstop passenger service to Dubai.Emirates is growing quickly and poised to become the largest airline in theworld within three years."

Absolutely right!

KORD has the prestige, but KDTW has the numbers.It's about business after all. But dangit - you people do the job right! Haveyou ever spent time any time flying on a North American or European airlinelately? From the "front office" to the "tail end", all ofyou leave a lasting impression - and it sticks. Build a better mouse trap andthe world will beat a pathway to your doorstep.

NG_Kaptain
24th Apr 2012, 18:53
Too bad we can't discuss the plans the "other" airline of the emirates.:mad:

helen-damnation
25th Apr 2012, 19:18
It's easy. In general, they'll be 6-12 months behind wherever EK go :rolleyes: