PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for schools in Auz/NZ

WX Man
10th Nov 2001, 12:30
Hello everyone... long time no see. I've been busy towing gliders all summer.

I'm going to bite the bullet and emigrate (rather that than deal with JAR). Any recommendations for schools in New Zealand or Ozmate?

If recommending schools on the forums is a bit taboo, then please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Stekte!

Paul Alfred
10th Nov 2001, 13:11
WX Man,

There are a few school profiles on this Aus Employment Site that look pretty good.
web page (http://www.odonnellaviation.com)
Best of luck with it!

G-LOST
11th Nov 2001, 21:47
Flight 2000 at Ardmore, Auckland, NZ.

Dupre
12th Nov 2001, 00:29
Wx-man - the only thing to do is to visit the airports when you get there - and talk to people from the schools/clubs. You can gauge the atmosphere quite quickly. Get their bumf, a chat, and move on to the next one.

Remember NZ is cheaper for flying than OZ (in my experience of ardmore (auckland) vs bankstown (sydney))

Flight 2000 were a great bunch while i was there in early 1999 and i presume they still are!

G-LOST - if you're who I think you are, let's catch up! Drop me a line if you remember who i am. Heck, drop me a line anyway.

Dupre.

A Very Civil Pilot
12th Nov 2001, 11:21
International Aviation Academy of New Zealand at Christchurch. Did my CPL/IR there 93-95.

remember of course that you will still need to convert a NZ/Aus non-JAR licence to a JAR one to work in Europe. The only credit you'll get is flight time and a morse exemption. All exams and flight tests wil need to be redone.

Luke SkyToddler
13th Nov 2001, 13:01
Hey there Wx man, nice to see you back around!

Funny to see a Brit emigrating down under looking for flying jobs - kind of makes sense though since all the Aussies and Kiwis are flying up here already, there must be jobs galore down there :D :D :D

Check your email anyway mate.

laurie
13th Nov 2001, 16:22
Hi Luke,

Whats the current state of affairs at Tayside? I am still considering them for my CPL and beyond that too. If you would prefer not to post here, please Email me at

[email protected]

Thanks Hans and good luck for the future.

Regards,
Laurie