PDA

View Full Version : ec225 checklist quote

FADEC225
10th Feb 2012, 15:50
we do the checklist after landed rig.we should MG/DG switch to DG.confirm switch to MG before we do before takeoff check?or switch to MG when we do after takeoff check at 500feet?which one is correct?which stage do that is good?i can not find any info from flight manual.

SASless
10th Feb 2012, 16:28
As it is the huge lump of iron you are setting upon that can sometimes throw the Compass system off....why not wait till airborne?

HeliComparator
10th Feb 2012, 17:40
You should set the compasses to DG before landing, and set back to MG after takeoff.

Epiphany
10th Feb 2012, 20:30
Oh deary, deary me....

FADEC225
23rd Mar 2012, 03:19
copy all.but when you set back to MG after t/o check,normally have the yellow ring showing in the compass,is it correct display?i think that is not big case,not big problem.no effect for compass,as you know thae compass can resume normal slowly.

TeeS
23rd Mar 2012, 16:22
Hi FADEC225

I am not familiar with the 225 system but I would have thought there would be a system for manually driving the compass card onto the correct heading, whilst in DG mode, prior to take-off. Also, I would expect the compasses to 'fast align' when you select MG after take-off.

Cheers

TeeS

bigglesbutler
23rd Mar 2012, 21:05
Tees the EC225 doesn't have physical gyro's so the ability to "turn" them is no longer used. With the AS332L that's exactly what you would do but not any more I'm afraid. They automatically correct themselves once airborne and returned to M/G.

Si

TeeS
23rd Mar 2012, 21:43
Understood BB. Our machine is also a modern, EFIS equipped Eurocopter machine just a bit more Germanic than yours. They have left the manual slaving system in and I assumed the 225 would be similar, I stand corrected; I used the phrase 'compass card' for want of a better term.

Cheers

TeeS

RVDT
23rd Mar 2012, 23:36
a bit more Germanic than yours

but those bits of the avionic system are French.

They have left the manual slaving system in

as an option. It is not standard and is really only for when landing on large iron lumps otherwise it is rarely required.

The AHRS still has a magnetometer and uses Kalman filtering and voodoo to arrive at North pointing. The AHRS is calibrated by flying a figure 8 ( just like an iPhone! :E ) with a breakout box connected and the errors are cancelled out hence no "correction card". The AHRS is only concerned as to where North is from the flux gate, the rest it can work out itself based on rates and inertia in the short term and Kalman filtering to fuse all the sensor data together.

DG manually align. MG automatic align. Depending on the size of the error I have seen it take about 5 minutes to wash out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdr_Og0PeRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1vpl6H42Mo

Needless to say the one in your aircraft is probably an older more robust and certified unit!

TeeS
24th Mar 2012, 08:32
Hi RVDT

Unfortunately, due to getting my internet conection from 1 bar of mobile phone signal, I won't be able to look at the you tube items till I get back to work.

I recognise the french source of the wiggly amp bits and assumed that the 'free steering' supplement would be a cut and paste from 225/365 etc. aircraft. That is why I was a little surprised that the manual alignment system was left in on the 135 if it was not present on the 225.

Cheers

TeeS