PDA

View Full Version : Advice for flight schools in UK for CPL & IR

ricky81 sti
10th Feb 2012, 13:02
Hi all,

Any advice or feedback from anyone on flight schools for CPL & IR, just finished the ATPL's so need to start looking into the flight training. I've talked to a few schools but feedback sometimes tells a different story!!

Thanx!

mad_jock
10th Feb 2012, 13:40
And to be honest so does the search function.

Most of them have had threads on them in the last 6 months.

Quarto
10th Feb 2012, 18:56
I agree with mad jock that the search function is a useful tool. I certainly used it a great deal when trying to find information about schools.

I would recommend that, if possible, you choose a school with more than one aircraft (and potentially instructor!) available for the course you are completing. You never know when one or the other may go unserviceable! It can lead to significant and frustrating delays. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing!

Halfwayback
10th Feb 2012, 20:06
Ricky

Please read the 'stickies' above and spend a few hours reading through the threads that you find using the search function.

Bear in mind that rarely does a person attend more than one flight school so it is nigh on impossible to get a comparison - what you will find is that most give the pros and cons of the school they used.

You should also take note of the threads that give warning of some of the schools with little scruple.

Whilst you do that I will close this thread

HWB