PDA

View Full Version : service ratio on different airliners in different calsses

lohmann
8th Feb 2012, 10:18
Hi,
this is my first post, so please be kind... I was searching for an answer in existing threats but could not find anything.

For my university studies I need to know the service ratios of some airliners. By service ratios I mean how many passengers are there per lavatory and how many passengers can be served with one trolley? I also need this for economy, business and first class for different carriers.

Does anyone know where to get such data or can anyone help my out with some numbers? That would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Lohmann

kwateow
8th Feb 2012, 17:52
It's easier to find rules for making cabin layouts of different aircraft comparing 'apples with apples' than to find the figures for planes in service.

I'll try to dig out something and if successful I'll get back to you.

lohmann
9th Feb 2012, 10:58
Thats great, thank you for your effort!

kwateow
10th Feb 2012, 12:33
It will be worth your while to look through Paul Clark's book (without actually buying it) as there are good tips on aircraft evaluation:

Buying the big jets: fleet planning for airlines - Paul Clark - Google Books (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=AsBZoKI0rXAC&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=BUYING+THE+BIG+JETS+CATERING+TROLLEY+GALLEY&source=bl&ots=JTaUEn0yzm&sig=PRrVYalVxTQ3TYOUiUfZXepEmsg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Bxs1T67vG-K10QXNqLGwAg&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false)

If you use the figures from the book you won't go far wrong. Clark omits the catering for business class, however. Seven trays per pax on long haul (incl waste bins) should be ok. 28 full size trays per trolley.

You can also look at the 'standard' cabin layouts on the Boeing and Airbus websites. It's a bit tedious to count the trolleys and attendant positions, but it can be done. Remember though that these layouts are designed to fit in the most seats, so underestimate galley & toilet needs.

Hope this helps.

lohmann
14th Feb 2012, 15:12
Thanks a lot, Paul Clark's book is a good recomondation! Thank you for digging it out, it was a great help.