PDA

View Full Version : BA711 Zurich - Heathrow

Chris733
5th Feb 2012, 17:21
Squawking 7700 near Reims. Anyone heard anything?

Chris733
5th Feb 2012, 17:24
Flightradar24.com - Live Flight Tracker! (http://t.co/NNA7EHMF)

captplaystation
5th Feb 2012, 17:28
Clever device, so, landed 09R CDG @ 14:14.

2EggOmelette
5th Feb 2012, 17:36
Clever site indeed! No major worries then?

BOAC
6th Feb 2012, 07:41
According to BBC news this am, several inbound 'BA Aircraft' were (inexplicably) unable to land at LHR/UK due to the dreadful snow (we had 2cm near Gatwick) and by implication diverted 'abroad'.

It might just be that this a/c was unable to foresee this event and had failed to left the extra 4T of fuel and might have got a little short looking for somewhere to roost. I'm surmising - I don't know - just a thought.

Wycombe
6th Feb 2012, 08:51
Must admit that watching Flight Radar R24 on Sat evening made interesting viewing.

A good few RYR's headed mainly for STN held in various places (some mid-Channel) before heading towards LPL - a few of these must have been carrying lots of extra juice as seemed to be holding for a long time.

There was one holding overhead STN itself at around FL280, who eventually made it in via a spiral descent sometime after midnight.

Noticed a WW i/b EMA hold for quite a while then head off to CWL.

Most long-winded one seemed to be an EZY i/b LTN that held for what seemed like ages (lost count of how many times he went around the hold), then headed off towards BRS, and then when midway between the 2 turned south-east and went to LGW (I noticed BRS took a few others so may have been full).

dixi188
6th Feb 2012, 15:24
BA711 Mayday at CDG.

It was an A319 and it actually landed on 08L at CDG. No emegency services were deployed.
We were at the T4 holding point at the time waiting to take off.
I guess it was a medical emergency.