PDA

View Full Version : CAE-Emirates B212/412 Type Rating

PdK
3rd Feb 2012, 07:27
Has somebody done the B212/412 TR at CAE-Emirates in Dubai?

If so, the following questions:
Cost of the TR?
Is there accommodation available on site?
Min requirements for admission?
Duration?

Any other info will be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Marc123
4th Feb 2012, 03:02
yes, I did it in 2010 at CAE. It cost $17K just for the course, thats incl material and exam fees etc. Roughly, the duration was 3 weeks if I remember correctly and they have lots of accommodation nearby - depending on which hotel you stay in they also arrange transport to/from CAE each day. They will give you a sheet with all the hotels with varying standards and you can chose which you want....

I'm not sure what the mins are, though I only had a CPL/IR at the time. I found it a very well taught course, experienced instructors and professional all round.

hueyracer
4th Feb 2012, 06:06
Why do you want to do it there instead of going to OAA in Stockholm/Arlanda?

Epiphany
4th Feb 2012, 06:44
Gulf helicopters and ADA have trained most of the world's Bell 412 pilots - why don't you go there? Training and accommodation provided free of charge and you also get paid.

heli-mad
6th Feb 2012, 09:31
Hi all,
I am in contact with Gulf H as well. They told me that the training for the B412 type is through CAE Emirates.....

Epiphany, if you know of a way to do it for free and get paid please advise!!!::sad: At the moment ADA would only employe rated pilots, that is what i was told. I keep trying
Please p.m me if you want!

The cost with accommodation is $19k

H-M

Epiphany
6th Feb 2012, 13:47
Well I suppose times change. Used to be that if you had some kind of a licence and could walk in a reasonably straight line they'd give you a type rating. With a Canadian licence you didn't even need to do the walking test.

griffothefog
6th Feb 2012, 14:42
Epiphany,

Back in the day, that used to be called the gimp test, of which the Canucks were very adept... :E

Nowdays they all have a false sense of superiority and Bondage seems to be the new thang :eek:

I was given the 412 based on my Britishness which was a must in that era :{

funfinn2000
18th Feb 2012, 09:13
The price is about $17K with Gulf Helicopters Discount, No more free ratings at Gulf. The first lad to offer to pay at CAE screwed that one up for the lads.

The examiners are Qatar CAA approved, no JAA TRE in house!! However there are FAA.

Reefdog
18th Feb 2012, 12:45
funfinn2000

and what nationallity was he???????

just interested