PDA

View Full Version : BE sponsorship scheme, a farce?

denisbergkamp1
9th Nov 2001, 22:15
With recent cutbacks at BE there must be doubts as to whether there sponsorship scheme is still going ahead. Is Cabair just pressing on with the testing as a method of making money or are there still 4 places to be had at the end of it. Please can someone from BE or cabair confirm that the places at the end still exist. :confused:

WAIF-er
10th Nov 2001, 03:33
Those of you who are observant will know my feelings towards this scheme, I will continue none the less!

Having seen 4 sponsorships cancelled this autumn, I do find it hard to believe that the BE scheme can possibly go ahead. I have no disrespect for BE whatsoever, but I do feel that maybe, just maybe, someone somewhere is delaying the inevitable news that the scheme will not go ahead after all.

However, I do see one way in which this scheme is still viable. That is the fact that the student foots such a large amount of money up front, thus the risk to the airline is minimal. Plus, if you look at the starting salary for sponsored cadets over a 3-5 year period compared to a non-sponsored direct entry pilot, this should offset the training costs that the airline has to pay.
End result: a good deal for both parties!