PDA

View Full Version : Finally a 1st Solo flight

Learjet-45
2nd Feb 2012, 07:51
Hi Finally had a 1st Solo flight today its was perhaps not as exciting as I would have thought having already logged 60 hours, however it was not with out incident with a runway change half an hour in to the circuits.

all in all it was a great experince however was slightly spoiled at the end due to crossing an active runway without a clearance!! I wont be doing that anytime soon.

FirstOfficer
2nd Feb 2012, 08:48
Well done!
1st solo is always an achievement, one of the most important. :D

Learjet-45
2nd Feb 2012, 09:13
Thanks First Officer, I was really happy with the way it went.

mary meagher
2nd Feb 2012, 20:13
Well done, learjet 45. Now you can drive home and smile at all those chaps driving fancy cars - you are one up on nearly everybody!

Don't worry about crossing that runway without a clearance, I hope you had a jolly good look to see if anything was approaching before you did it? I got told off big time in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with 500 hours under my belt; turned out the aircraft had to go to the other side, I crossed at the end of the runway without clearance (tired, stupid, didn't think) and had a call that my presence was required in the Tower. Apologised like mad, couldn't hear much anyway on the lousy overhead speaker (never flew again without a good headset). I told the controller I was very very sorry, but I did have a good careful look before crossing and nobody was coming.....somehow that didn't impress him very much.....never done it since......

Anyhow, have fun, and keep a good lookout! and don't be ashamed to do a 180 if conditions ahead don't look too good.

Best wishes for happy landings.

Mary

Learjet-45
2nd Feb 2012, 20:37
Thanks Mary, lovely post

Solar
2nd Feb 2012, 21:04
Good man, well done.
Remember he who never made a mistake never made anything.

thing
2nd Feb 2012, 21:33
Well done Learjet! :D:D