PDA

View Full Version : Low timer needs help!

tuaapache
1st Feb 2012, 13:27
Hi all,
I have an Australian CPL and I am deciding where I should do my MECIR in Australia. I am really having a hard time finding the right school because I am an international student. Some schools do not accept international students and not registered with the CRICOS. I have looked into Ad Astral Aviation, Johnston Aviation, and Australian Wing Academy and I still can't decide where I should train. Ad Astral is located at Perth domestic airport which is a really busy airport, so I might be wasting a lot of money just on taxiing. Johnston does not offer student visa but does provide accom. As for Australian Wing Academy, it costs $20,000 just for the training in a Duchy and that is too damn expensive. Mind as well getting a 737 rating for that price. Could someone guide me to the right direction as to where I should train? I don't quite understand why the MECIR training is only five to six weeks whereas in my country, it is four to six months.
Cheers

thunderbird five
1st Feb 2012, 19:32
Might be a good idea to avoid Perth completely due airspace/traffic:
Sitting idle on the ground with the meter running won't be your only problem.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority - January 2012 (http://casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_100824)

The Green Goblin
1st Feb 2012, 23:57
From memory Ad-Atral charges air switch and not ground time due to ground congestion.