PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Citation Endorsement

gnomie
31st Jan 2012, 20:15
I am not up to date with who's who in the zoo these days. Can someone in pprune land advise which organizations conduct training on C550 Citations.

Thanks, gnomie :ok:

dhavillandpilot
31st Jan 2012, 22:42
The answer is simple - go to Flight safety in the US. Professional endorsement with the right training.

Just remember all the big corporate operators send there pilot to them for training. I have had experience sending pilots there for Grumman and Falcon endorsements - both came back well trained.

kimwestt
1st Feb 2012, 08:14
Yep, give Jamie a call at Arena in Port Macquarie:ok:

FJ44
1st Feb 2012, 09:26
kimwestt
Yep, give Jamie a call at Arena in Port Macquarie

Think you'll find JJ can't help on that one, might need to try Maxim in YPPH or perhaps one of the YSBK operators, can't help with which run 550's though.

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st Feb 2012, 21:29
Bob Maloney or Peter Long at Air Gold Coast.

PaulDamian
2nd Feb 2012, 05:24
Someone did a Citation endo at Moorabbin within the last 12 months, but I think that aircaft has now gone elsewhere.

There are still at least 3 citations hidden away at MBB,so you might ask around as to whether anyone can make the aircraft and an instructor available.

I think two citations at MBB are owned by charter cos from Essendon, so they might have the resources. The other one is privately owned and I don;t see it out very much at all.

Its all a numbers game - add up the costs of training and travel to the USA, and compare to the cost of a local gig. Prob work out the same.

Does anyone have a Citation sim in Australia?

Capt.Grumpy
2nd Feb 2012, 10:40
You can have mine (endorsement)........I'm not using it.

2nd Feb 2012, 22:55
Flight Safety International is the best way to go.

gnomie
5th Feb 2012, 04:41
Thank you for the replies, I was thinking of Flight Safety Int. but just hoping to avoid the hassle of traveling to the States. I have had past dealings with them and can confirm their quality of training as first class.

Cheers,
gnomie :ok:

LeadSled
5th Feb 2012, 04:49
Folks,
At least CASA accepts Flight Safety, locally there have been some lulu problems of recent times.
CASA seem to have a problem, right now deciding who is "qualified" to do "jet" (note: JET) endorsements, they don't seem to be able to decide what rules apply!!!
Jets are such new technology, you understand.
Tootle pip!!

"V"
17th Mar 2012, 18:42
I went through FSI, Longbeach about 2 years ago. Excellent resource for dealing with the TSA and getting your approval to train (can be a huge pain in the ass if you have never been through the hoops before). Lots of local hotels with shuttles to FSI for around $100-130 a night. My type rating was 10 days long, theres not alot to the citation 500 series.

Hopefully you have a job lined up to pay for this... If it comes down to cost then how much does it cost to replace a citation and 2 pilots who prang at the end of a runway doing v1 cuts? Remember the experienced air north crew a few years back? Not sure how you train for a TR deployment in the real jet either. Its the cost of doing business.

"V"
18th Mar 2012, 07:53
Mine was 12k USD, citation 500 series. Accomodation was extra.

sheppey
18th Mar 2012, 12:59
Appreciate approx cost of Metro command endorsement in a simulator in Australia?

Speedlever
18th Mar 2012, 13:09
P1 Metro......who gives a f**k, if the operator needs a pilot, they pay. The sooner every one stops paying for endorsements, the sooner the industry starts paying what we deserve. Full stop.

"V"
18th Mar 2012, 16:30
I didnt pay for mine. 1 year bond reducing at $1000/month. Seemed like a fair way to do it. Current employer put me through citation X school which costs close to 40k, no bond just a handshake agreement. If you leave early good luck on getting another decent gig soon.

If you are aiming for the corporate world in particular and you pay for an endorsement you may shoot yourself in the foot, this practice is not respected and will decrease your chances of getting the gig (at a reputable operator anyway). As said before its the cost of doing business and companies hire the person not the endorsement.