PDA

View Full Version : Johnston Aviation

tuaapache
31st Jan 2012, 12:27
Hi,
Could anyone who went to Johnston Aviation comment about the school?

1.Did you finish the course on time like they say and what about the overfly?
2.How is the accommodation, is it in a walking distance to the school? I do not intend to buy a car.
3.Do they have ground school?
4.How often do you get to fly per week?
5.How are the instructors?
6.How is the weather there and does the weather affect the training much?
7.What was it like flying the baron in cloud?
Cheers

I read quite a few threads about the school but I can't get enough information still.
I would appreciate any comments.
Cheers

tuaapache
6th Feb 2012, 11:09
Anybody out there who has done their MECIR at Johnston Aviation please answer the questions above.
Cheers

TriMedGroup
6th Feb 2012, 21:46
Call them...

Homesick-Angel
6th Feb 2012, 22:52
Probably best on flying school threads to ask for PMs as there are rules ( buggered if I know what they are tho) around these type of threads.

I cant help with school except to say that I don't hear much about them around the traps which is usually a positive.
You will definitely hear about the bad ones..

rmcdonal
6th Feb 2012, 23:04
They generally close flying school threads early as the unscrupulous use them to tarnish the competition. Johnstons has a very good name as a CMEIR school.
I can't answer all your questions (give them a call they wont bite!)
3) Yes
6) Seems to be raining a lot these days, however as an IFR school this is not exactly a problem.
7) Just like flying a Baron out of cloud only the view is a bit limited. The Baron is a very nice aircraft to fly in or out of IMC, it is probably one of the nicest light twins you will get to fly in GA.

mugzy
6th Feb 2012, 23:31
1. No. Had to go elsewhere to finish.
2. Accommodation was very good, shops and supermarkets within walking distance ( 5 to 10 minute walk ). However accommodation is far from the school and if you plan to walk forget it, it will take you at least 2 hours each way.
4. You will get plenty of flying done.

Good luck