PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Exams

Cherrypickers
31st Jan 2012, 10:17
Is it possible to repeat your ATPL's? I have them all done but didnt pass them all first time, wouldnt mind repeating them to get the first time passes if its possible.

propellerhead01
31st Jan 2012, 10:25
I believe you can. But why the hell would you want to? Waste of time and money!

Cherrypickers
31st Jan 2012, 10:40
Because I had an interview a while back, when they seen I had failed some I knew by the way they were talking etc. that no matter what I did that day I wasnt getting a job.

propellerhead01
31st Jan 2012, 10:53
Guess it depends on were you interview was. i know a G200 captain he told me 'as soon as they put an ATPL average pass mark on there CV, i rip it up and chuck it in the bin, it means nothing' I personally wouldn’t bother, but i believe you have to send a letter to your training provider they will then sign it or something, then send it onto the relevant people at the CAA.

Good luck what ever you do, ohhh and you will be taking the new EASA exams if you do retake, not to different but not quite the same!
:ok:

jetsetsimon757
31st Jan 2012, 11:27
I have done this started all over again just felt I should for my personal sake I knew I could do better, but as in interviews they do not check your results I also know a few people who are in HR for airlines and they do say as soon as it says on the CV average pass rate 97% the first thing they do it throw it in the bin...

welliewanger
31st Jan 2012, 12:45
Erm, let me get this straight. You want to repeat your exams so you can get first time passes?

I choose answer C!

propellerhead01
31st Jan 2012, 12:54
Yep they mean sweet :mad: all in the big picture.

if answer C doesn’t look right i always go for the longest answer!

its a lot of crap youll be putting your self through....again!

1400shp
31st Jan 2012, 16:14
could anybody here please tell me, how many questions there are in atpl(h) exam 061?

Cherrypickers
3rd Feb 2012, 12:22
They made a big deal about it in my interview, asking me why i failed, what was the problem etc. He then asked me around 20 to 30 technical questions and i got them all right bar one, sim went very well in my opinion but i didnt get the job so of course im to believe it was the atpl results.

zondaracer
3rd Feb 2012, 14:45
When they asked you why you failed, what was your answer?

Cherrypickers
3rd Feb 2012, 18:19
To be perfectly honest, I dont really remember, interview was 2 years ago now, think I said I was honest and admitted theory wasnt my strongest and I found the distance learning a struggle at first or something along those lines.