PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 Technical Guide

EPIRB
30th Jan 2012, 19:35
I was surfing the net looking for an aviation GPS and ended up getting hold of The Boeing 737 Technical Guide instead and am very impressed. Apparently it has just come out on the Australian market (and it is the January 2012 edition too). It is 330 pages long with lots of nice colour pics and explains a lot of stuff in more detail. To save me babbling on about it, the details are here Boeing 737 Technical Guide - Handheld Systems (http://www.handheldsystems.com.au/index.php?cPath=131&osCsid=ea06b03efdbe2a09572141dfb70331c1).

S70IP
30th Jan 2012, 20:18
Hi there,

I got mine 3 years ago new editions every time one sputs in etc. Website has all the info if you don't want to buy the book.

The Boeing 737 Technical Guide (http://www.b737.org.uk/book.htm)

EPIRB
30th Jan 2012, 20:30
You had me worried there for a moment. I just compared the book to the website and the book is a lot more detailed with lots of schematics that aren't on the website.

Just a Grunt
30th Jan 2012, 21:10
It's also available as an iBook for iPad. It can take a while to load, presumably because of the colour graphics and photos, but looks pretty good.

Checkboard
30th Jan 2012, 22:26
Boeing manuals are pretty good. Pay for someone else's ideas if you want - but they aren't necessary ...

AussieAviator
31st Jan 2012, 08:23
A lot of pilot's use this site. Absolutely free and possible to download an entire manufactures AOM, plus handy crew training manuals. One guy that I met at the sim centre, had to pay for his endorsement, and pay for the ground school separately, which included a $1500 fee for the aircraft AOM. He downloaded the whole manual of this site, took it to OfficeWorks, got it printed in colour and bound in leather for $150! Even if a airline won't let you do this, it's still good value for preparation, prior to real aircraft type rating taking place.

SmartCockpit - Airline training guides, Aviation, Operations, Safety (http://www.smartcockpit.com/)

EPIRB
2nd Feb 2012, 21:58
The Smart Cockpit Guide for the 737 appears to be a reproduction of the Boeing manual. The Boeing 737 Technical Manual has a lot of different information in it plus lots of colour photos of various systems and parts. Highly recommended!

relax737
4th Feb 2012, 01:19
I agree EPIRB, outstanding publication, and a LOT more info than the website.

Handhelds
19th Dec 2013, 04:30
I'm posting this as I have had a few queries and thought that this may be the best place to do it. Anyway, the book is now back in stock. The colour pocket version that I had isn't published anymore so I have the spiral bound larger version which measures 8.5 x 11 inches (about the width of A4 but slightly shorter). This edition was published at the end of November and is 354 pages. Not sure if I'm allowed to say this (apologies if I'm not) but it is $105 plus $16.50 express postage.

criticalmass
20th Dec 2013, 04:11
I have the colour version, spiral-bound, about A4 size and it is absorbing reading. Perfect for settling arguments with wannabees across the hangar dinner-table about the 737 and its systems in all versions built so far.

Anyone contemplating flying the 737 ought to get a copy. It will do you no harm at all.

Turbine27
30th Dec 2013, 12:48
I got my copy about 6 months ago and really enjoy reading about how the 737 systems have evolved from variant to variant, which is very interesting to me personally.

Does anyone know of an Airbus A320 manual or guide written in the same way the author has organised this material. That is, as indicated above, information on how the A320 systems have evolved from variant to variant ?

Thanks in advance.