PDA

View Full Version : Change of IR schools

Dora6
30th Jan 2012, 15:09
Is it possible, after having completed X amount of hours, to change IR schools?

I'm not pleased with the level of service where i'm doing my JAA IR at the moment and considering jumping ships.

However, all the hours completed so far (which is a fair few), can I take them with me to the new school?

Black Pudding
30th Jan 2012, 15:53
I changed CPL school after 18 hours, did the last 10 at a diff school, so 28 hours total and pass CPL first time.

You're the customer, you do as you will. When you move to your new school, your new school will ask your old school for your records and they have to provide them. Any problems, contact the CAA

rmcb
30th Jan 2012, 21:20
I would suggest contact with the CAA before moving on. They are hidebound.

Check with the new FTO if they can fit their curriculum around what you have already done. Reason? The CAA are hidebound. They agree a curriculum with FTOs but don't check if you have fulfilled all the exercises unless you go to another FTO - you, the candidate, are the one who will suffer for any shortfall of your previous to latter change. Like an MOT, FTOs are given the annual blessing one day in the year - they can generally do what they like for the next 364/5.

If you can possibly avoid changing, then do that.

Dan the weegie
30th Jan 2012, 22:16
And risk spending more on fictitious pre test tests? Or perhaps adding a few hours when they aren't required? If it's really that bad and you've done all you can then contact a GOOD school and talk it through with them, they will obviously encourage you to come but more importantly will talk you through the process of what they have to do. It could get complicated so think about it carefully.

Consider very carefully yes, contact the CAA? That would be a huge mistake. I have not once ever heard someone come away with a positive or helpful outcome from a discussion with the CAA. I have had helpful discussions with people that work at the CAA :D just rarely a helpful outcome after a discussion that involved them doing anything out of the ordinary, it gets very paper heavy and slopey shoulders.

BigGrecian
31st Jan 2012, 00:16
You have to involve the CAA :

An applicant wishing to transfer to another FTO during a course of training shall apply to the Authority for a formal assessment of the further hours of training required at another FTO.