PDA

View Full Version : No more complaining at EK

bringbackthe80s
30th Jan 2012, 11:21
Hi guys, I have been following the posts from those of you working for EK and it seems that the complaining has gone down a lot compared to 1 or 2 years ago.

I received good feedbacks from friends who recently joined, they are happy so far and didn't have any unpleasant surprises. In fact quite the opposite.

Do I have to assume things got much better? Or it's just that new people don't know the previous contract/conditions...

Your considerations are very helpful for people looking to join

Thanks

MrMachfivepointfive
30th Jan 2012, 11:29
You realise you just tossed a grenate into the outhouse, don't you?
This promises to be most entertaining...:ok:

Payscale
30th Jan 2012, 11:53
EK groupie...?

Jetaim
30th Jan 2012, 13:03
I would say that is just the fact that PPrune is losing contributor as it proved at times strangely and suspicioulsy biased towards EK and Etihad .Some major contributor have been banned or censored in subtile ways. Others refrain form posting after the sub-poena story in Etihad. **** happened and will always happen in Dubai and in your place I would be extremely cautious in taking your friends opinion to judge. Once you are in you mostly cannot get out and you might tend to try to hide even to your self the reality with a delusional rosy picture.There is also a seasonal trend. In the two and half months is which the weather is fair down there bitiching goes down a bit to start by end of march again wait and see.And also I would say it takes on average around 24 months to hit into the EK reality. No one is really happy there..at least when sober.

Fart Master
30th Jan 2012, 13:29
... or everybody is too tired to post...:ok:

CAYNINE
31st Jan 2012, 03:04
Strangely enough out of 3000 pilots it's always the same names that post the same crap.

So the other 2950 are either happy or don't care

Bindair Dundat
31st Jan 2012, 03:34
I'm betting on too bluddy tired, still enchanted with the sporty 4x4, maid and villa, or no choice because in negative equity with property so either slit wrists or just grin and bear it and not give it too much thought.

Wizofoz
31st Jan 2012, 05:44
It isn't that EK has gotten any better, but I think there has been a growing realisation, possibly fueled by the horror stories brought by many of the new-hires, that the rest of the industry has gotten a damn site worse.

There was a time when EK pilots left to go to Ryanair, and in some ways it was a roughly comparable job.

The traffic from those type of operations is decidedly one way now....

motojet
31st Jan 2012, 06:33
I've been here over three years and I enjoy it. Its the same few posters on here who constantly complain. Most pilots are actually out trying to enjoy life and taking care of things like getting UAE I.D.'s rather than posting on PPrune all the time. :p

Fart Master
31st Jan 2012, 06:39
You'll be one of the 50 then Caynine...

CAYNINE
31st Jan 2012, 09:33
Nope... I actually like my job, i just take a swipe at the likes of you

Fart Master
31st Jan 2012, 12:10
And of course that makes you different from the rest of us, you weren't whinging you were just swiping....ok I get it??

ps I like my job too, I was merely stating a possibility:uhoh:

MrMachfivepointfive
31st Jan 2012, 13:07
Where are the crisps? This is just going to get better.

NG_Kaptain
31st Jan 2012, 14:46
Etihad got real quiet when subpoenas were served and identities divulged.

Fearless Leader
31st Jan 2012, 14:58
Garçon

More wine please..

This is just now getting interesting.