PDA

View Full Version : going for PPL (H) - anybody around to 'buddy up' to help learn/motivate/etc

gritruck
29th Jan 2012, 22:26
Hi,

I am trying to take my PPL (H), flying out of Redhill and London based. Having a quite intense full time job as well as a young family, coupled to an understanding, but not interested, wife I am struggling to bounce off anybody to go over some of the exams and issues with trying to learn to fly.

It's a catch up at a pub, (soft drink!), and perhaps some study help - you know, firing questions and answers etc that I'm after.

I hope this doesn't sound too weird.

By the way, I am only looking to get PPL (H), can't go commercial, sadly, so making a living out of it isn't going to be my motivation.

thx

Gritruck

HowlingMad Murdock
31st Jan 2012, 21:53
Hi ya'll Gritruck:)

Great idea - always good to bounce ideas off other bods/chat about aviation with like minded enthusiasts.

Feel free to PM me - also studying for PPL(H) - Redhill - yaaahoooo!

All the best!

Swiss Cheese
1st Feb 2012, 10:41
Hi,

am a few hours away from PPL H skills test (end of Feb), and fly G-IGPW EC120 from EBG.

Had a rough and ready dress rehearsal last week for test.....

I live in Forest Row, and am around Redhill every week, so PM me.... or email me at [email protected]

Exo.
1st Feb 2012, 13:36
Don't forget to annoy your instructors with additional questions, it's why we're here to an extent and in theory at least, we should give you a reasonably sensible response.

Good idea pulling others together though, there are plenty of people on the airfield at Redhill at various stages of their training, so you could always ask at the school if they might put up a notice offering just what you're discussing.

LiamStuart
12th Mar 2012, 12:44
Hi GiTruck and others here. Am also learning at EBG - about half way through my course (R44). Have young family so I tend to fly mid-week to avoid using up too many brownie points at home. I live in Wimbledon - would be good to catch up and swap tales/advice. Have passed Law and Nav - have my Met exam next week. Hoping to finish course before Xmas, cheers, Liam

RookieCaptain
13th Mar 2012, 09:02
Hi good luck with your training first of all. Im based at Booker but happy to help. Completed my PPL(H) not long ago so it's still fresh in the head. I trained in R22b