PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar DEFO Interview - Technical Questions

CF-34
29th Jan 2012, 20:52
Hello,
Would anyone who has gone through the process recently be able to tell me what technical subjects they like to ask about during the panel interview. I've tried the search function but have had little success. If type-rated, then I assume anything about the airbus would be fair game.

Greatly appreciated,

CF

The Green Goblin
29th Jan 2012, 23:55
No tech at all.

It's a "tell us about a time" interview.

There is a panel interview (behavioral)
Planning exercise (one hour)
Simulator assessment in Boeing 737-400

Good luck!

Duff
30th Jan 2012, 00:59
Is it true that all new entrants are on a part-time or "flexi" contract??

pull-up-terrain
30th Jan 2012, 05:02
Is it true that all new entrants are on a part-time or "flexi" contract??

Correct me if im wrong, but in Australia Jetstar tried to employ pilots on a part time contract but luckily the unions got involved and now Jetstar can only employ pilots in Australia under the EBA.

metrosmoker
30th Jan 2012, 07:31
flexi-lines unless you elect to go to Darwin for 18months.
If you take that option you get first shot at full time if there are full time spots available.You will also be given a start date ahead of any Flexi-line pilots so you have seniority when a full time spot becomes available.

Only 10% of pilots can be on flexi-line at any time.
About 700 pilots at the moment. Plenty of senior guys applying for Flexi-lines, which is good for newjoiners.

And yes, nothing technical about a Jetstar interview

CF-34
30th Jan 2012, 09:56
GreenGoblin, Metro,
Thanks a lot for the reply!
Would you guys know if they always use the 737-3/400 for the sim eval rather than the 320, or is it a matter of availability that particular week.

One more, would you know if the sim and interview are weighted equally with regard to overall preformance?

Again, thanks

CF

Centaurus
30th Jan 2012, 12:17
Would you guys know if they always use the 737-3/400 for the sim eval rather than the 320, or is it a matter of availability that particular week.

Always a 737-300 or 737-400. The test and interviews were conducted at the Ansett Aviation Training simulator until very recently but I believe now done at Qantas Essendon airport simulator centre in Matthews Avenue. . if you have never flown a twin jet you would be wise to consider a practice session at either venue before the test. Expensive but many candidates have attested to its value.

The Green Goblin
30th Jan 2012, 23:33
I wouldn't do any practice sims. They check if you have and that goes against you.

They expect you to be a struggler, what they want to see is you adapt and learn. Start off ****e, and slowly get the hang of it.

They are assessing your rate of learning. They don't expect you to be an ace.