PDA

View Full Version : Relevant experience?

Ginger Ninja
29th Jan 2012, 19:50
Long time observer guys,

Looking for peoples experience and not intending on starting a "bitchy" thread please.

I've been to OAA, checked it out, done the assessments, blah, blah and got my opinions regarding it. All good to be honest. I'm keen on OAA, but not totally sure though, something doesn't quite convince me on it though. Anyone willing to share anything on them?

But I have been looking into Atlantic Flight Centre in Cork but can't seem to find out much about it.

What's peoples experience with Atlantic Flight Centre? I know NO WHERE can, nor will guarantee you a career path with any airline, but how are their odds in comparison to some of the other flight training centres? What's their integrated programme like? Any info would be good.

Globally Challenged
29th Jan 2012, 20:20
Very tricky to get a proper balanced view from anyone other than a modular student who has studied at more than one of your target schools - how else can a direct comparison be made?

I found OAA (when they were OAT) highly competent and professional on the whole with only a few minor quibbles that seem to be common complaints across most of the schools (poor fleet availability). Can't speak of their employment assistance through direct experience - but anecdotally it seems you have a better than average chance but you will have paid for the privilege of that elevated opportunity to work for a LCC.

Whirlygig
30th Jan 2012, 23:04
but not totally sure though, something doesn't quite convince me on it though.Perhaps your gut instinct is trying to tell you something. If you're not sure, then don't. Investigate other schools.

Cheers

B2N2
31st Jan 2012, 15:52
Have you considered a path of training outside of the UK?
USA maybe?
Some interesting options there.